Wednesday 31 August 2016

Stormy Saturday

We had plans to go for a nice long bike ride today and to fire up the clay oven and cook some pizzas.  Mother Nature however had other plans.  It rained all day long today, from the time we woke up until the time we went to bed.  Not just light rain either, heavy pouring rain and high winds.

So plans changed and we got to spend the a nice day inside enjoying each other's company.

Breakfast was a bowl of cereal with bananas and FRESH RASPBERRIES on top.  I wish it could be raspberry season all year long.

Good Morning cuddles from Lily.

 Since it looks like we have to ditch the pizza for supper plan, My Honey put plan B into action and made some pretty good looking pasta from scratch.

Pasta is ready to go, now on to the pesto making with fresh basil from the garden.

My Honey picked up one of these mortars for himself and loved it so much he picked one up for his mom too.  He is such a good son!

Rainy day activities, yup that says Ebola - not sure why?  Kids minds work in mysterious ways, ha ha!

Mew looks cozy.  I think maybe he's taking to me a little, he doesn't hiss at me anymore and run away so that's good.

Sharing the bed, so cute that these two are friends.

The supper MIL and My Honey prepared looks delicious, two kinds of pasta from scratch, breaded chicken and greek salad.  Yum Yum!

It was a feast and I enjoyed every bit of it.
 
There was fresh gingerbread cake for dessert and I just couldn't pass it up.  It was moist, gingery and warm and just so stinking great that I even had a second piece!  Thankfully eveyone else enjoyed it as much as I did so there were no leftovers to worry about later.

Seeing these two share the bed made my heart happy!
 

So remember I told you My Honey is an artist with a certain flare for stick men.  This was his rainy day activity "Famous Dorks". (Yes he is a grown man!)  I really enjoy his sense of humour. 

More of his awesome artwork.  His nephew did some artwork of his own but I forgot to take a photo of it, bummer!

I took some time and copied the training schedule I found onto my calendar.

My plan is to start on Monday and this is what the first three days look like.
 

I like the artwork and the sayings in the calendar, I am happy I found it.


I finished off a novel I was reading today.  I was an easy read and I enjoyed it.  Not the best book every but good for a rainy afternoon.

We also watched a couple movies that we picked up at the bargain store yesterday.  This one was set in Australia, it was differant in a quirky way but enjoyable.  Then ending took me by surprise.

This one has been out for awhile but I'd never seen it.  I was surprised by how many famous actors/actresses were in it.  I thought it was going to be dark & depressing at first but it wasn't and I quite enjoyed it.  I always enjoy period movies like these so no surprise there.
 
I ended up finishing another dish cloth this afternoon.  The nephew decided he wanted to learn how to knit today as well so MIL taught him.  He actually did really well and stuck with it so he and I knitted for most of the evening.  He ended up making a scarf for his pup at home and darn it, I forgot to take a picture of it.  I was impressed that he stuck with it and you could really see his improvement from the beginning to the end. 

Fitbit Stats - my goals took a hit with the weather but again, can't change it now so moving on.
I will consider this a true rest day.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment