Sunday 14 August 2016

There'll be Days Like This

We finished off the weekend with another late night.  It was after 2am again when we went to bed and so we slept in late again.  I feel like I wasted most of the day in bed but sometimes that just happens.  I can't really do late, late nights anymore, that is apparent.



My Honey made me a coffee this morning and I made some toast so I could taste some of this peanut butter that I picked up yesterday.  It was a bit sweet, you could taste the honey but it still tasted like peanut butter.  I think it is going to be hard to stay away from.

After that, I had a nice long bubble bath.  I find it so relaxing and try to indulge at least once every couple of weeks in a nice long one.  I read some more of the novel that I am reading (The Story of the Lost Child), I am still not finished.

 While I was bathing, My Honey whipped up this wonderful chicken and shrimp stir fry. 

 I had a gigantic serving because I knew how good it would taste and I was right.

We stopped over to my friend's to feed her kitty and then my son & brother dropped by to return all the items I had lent to the "bridal suite".
I showed my son the shoes I picked up for him yesterday and he liked them but unfortunately they were too small.  Bummer, looks like I will have to return them.

I read a bit more this evening and had a snack of almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and white chocolate chips.  I have to be careful with this stuff because I will just continue to eat it until it is all gone.  Even though it is a healthy snack, eating the whole bag would not be very wise I don't think!


Fitbit stats for today - I am actually embarrassed to post this but I want to be honest with myself so here it is.
I had intentions of working out all day but never ended up making it down to the treadmill.  Days like these are when it is so important for me to leave the "all or nothing" approach behind.   Before I would have just given up entirely and gone on a binge and maybe quit working out for the entire week.  I am not going to do that this time.  Days like this are going to happen and all I have to do is just keep on trucking.  I didn't go crazy and binge on a ton of food and tomorrow I will be right back on track.

I have an appointment for a massage tomorrow after work so I was going to have a rest day tomorrow but now I am going to adjust my plan.  I will work out at lunch time and I will have to go back to work sweaty but so be it.  I can have a shower after work and get myself all cleaned up for my massage.  I will just look at it like I had my rest day today instead.

I searched for a calendar to write my 10K training plan on but I couldn't find what I was looking for.
I have a big whiteboard downstairs so I will just get My Honey to hang it for me and I will put the training plan on there.  I have decided that whether we go to Vegas or not, I am going to start following the training plan I found next Monday.

Food today:
Breakfast - 2 slice whole grain toast with honey peanut butter
Snack - nectarine
Supper - chicken/shrimp stir fry
Snack - almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, white chocolate chips, 2 mini pepperoni sticks

Today was not an ideal day as far as my plan goes but it was an ordinary, normal day and while I am working to change my ways, I know there will still be days like these in the future.  I can live with that.

Until next time, Be Happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment