Monday 31 January 2022

Got Out For A Run Today (Jan.27, 2022)

I REALLY wanted to get the safety points done this morning and I was so close so I got started in on it first thing and I FINALLY got them done.

I was so happy to get it out of my hair - it took weeks to get it done, way longer than I expected for sure.
So then I had to get to work on payroll.
It was nice out today so I planned on going out for a walk or possibly a run at lunch time but I kept working and working and working.
I'd say to myself that I'd just finish this one thing, then I'd go.

Then one more thing, then I'd go et cetera, I worked right through lunch until finally at 3 pm I made myself stop and go out.
The sun was shining and I didn't want to miss out on that.

I am feeling sick just kind of, it's weird but I thought to myself that I'd try running and if it felt too hard I'd just walk.
I ended up running 7.25k.
I just slowed my pace right down and it wasn't that bad at all.
The worst part was that it was very icy and I slipped a couple of times but I was able to catch myself both times so I didn't end up getting injured luckily.

The exercise details.

As you can see, my average pace and splits were way up.
The 6th km was on a steep uphill part of the run that also happened to be extremely ice so I really took my time and tried to be careful.
All things considered, I was proud of the run as slow as it was and it felt really good to get out there.
Fresh air always does the body good and the sunshine does the mind and soul good!

 

Even though I'm up about 10 -15 lbs from my lowest, I wanted to take some selfies just to capture where I'm at.

So here's the front view.

Side view.

And back view.

After my run, I logged back on and went back to work.

I've let everything else slide a little since I've been so focused on safety points so I really wanted to get through some of that stuff.

I worked right until 6 pm but I was sitting there in my sweaty clothes all afternoon so by that point I'd gotten really cold, freezing in fact.

So I called it a day for work and ran myself a nice hot bubble bath.

Freya flushed a play dough container lid down the toilet and they couldn't flush the toilet at all so Kody came and borrowed the shop vac earlier today.

Jason told him to wrap it with a towel and try sucking it out and Kody was so happy that it did the trick and sucked it right out.
He was getting ready to take the toilet out so that sure saved a pile of work.

Even though I haven't been overly sick, I have had a really bad headache all day so I didn't feel like making anything for supper.
Jason stopped and picked up a few things on his way home for us for supper.
We had tomato soup and bacon, lettuce and turkey sandwiches.
He got alfa alfa sprouts too which I love and supper was easy and delicious.

We watched some Bill Burr clips - we've been digging on him lately - he's really funny.


That's it for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment