Monday 10 January 2022

Giving Vegetarianism a Try (Is that even a word)? (Jan.8, 2022)

 We had a bit of a sleep in this morning then checked out and got started on shopping right away.

I had a lot of places that I wanted to hit today.

One of the spots we stopped at was Uncle Wiener's so that Jason could get himself a massage gun.

They sell some interesting things in there, like this- the first thing we saw when we walked in the door.

A t-rex, who doesn't need one of those?

They even had a flame thrower for sale.
Can't believe you can just walk in off the street and buy a flame thrower!

Since Jason is doing the vegetarian thing this week, we found a restaurant that had lots of options.
There was a really cool mural on the side of the building.

Padmanadi - A vegetarian restaurant.
It would never been on our radar if Jason hadn't been doing the vegetarian thing but I'm glad we found it.
I love trying new places, new things.

It was way bigger on the inside than it looked on the outside and I like the decor.

It was very clean and tidy too which is always a good sign.

Jason.

Moi!

The Gado Gado sounded really good to me so we ordered that.

This is what it looked like.
It was delicious.

We also ordered corn cakes - I love the presentation.

They make a vegetarian ginger beef which is their best seller and now that I've had it, I understand why, it was fantastic!

The texture, the taste, everything - I would even go so far as to say that I liked it more than some real ginger beef that I've had.

Jason got the green curry and along with the vegetarian chicken, there were potatoes, carrots, zucchini, broccoli and cauliflower as well.

The curry had a wonderful flavor, a bit on the spicy side for me though.

The chicken had a bit of an aftertaste but the texture was right and overall, the taste was very good.
I'd rather eat it than some of the real chicken that I've seen in some curry dishes.

I'm so glad that we tried it, it was amazing and we will definitely be back.
There were several other items on the menu that looked interesting to me that I'd like to have a chance to try.

Jason looked it up when we got home and turns out it's been there for 16 years and it was also voted one of the top 100 restaurants in all of Canada. 

We did some more shopping - lots of stops and so it was close to 6 by the time we finally left the city.
It was dark but clear when we left but of course from Barrhead on, it started to snow and it was slow going for the last 50k but we made it safe and sound.

We carted all our purchases into the house and worked on getting everything put away.

Professor Snuggles was pretty excited about the empty boxes.
He just sat in there and watched us the whole time that we were putting things away.

Once I got everything put away, I hopped on the treadmill to get my 1 mile in.

Took me 16.08 to do it today.
Seems my time is increasing instead of decreasing. 
😕😕😕

I thought I'd keep going and get a good workout in but I wasn't really feeling it and after a few more minutes, I called it quits.

Not the hardest workout but still better than no workout at all.

I know I've gained some weight, I'm really feeling it so I wanted to get some selfies for comparison.
It's been a minute since I've taken some.
Need to get back to it to keep myself on track.
Front view.

Side view.

Back view.

We watched the new Rachel Maksy video and got caught up on some One Bite Pizza reviews before calling it a night.

Saw this on Instagram - the teddy bear is made out of rice - isn't that so cool.

This made me giggle.
It's supposed to warm up on Monday and after the -40 C weather we've been having, I can't wait!
Hopefully I can get an outdoor run in!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment