Thursday 29 April 2021

Winter Just Won't Go Away! (Apr.28, 2021)

Woke up to more snow. 

All I can say is UGGG!

It's so depressing!

A little cheerful thing did happen though.
I got some flowers for work for Adminstators week.

Paddington just loves plants and was yipping away as soon as he saw them arrive at the door.

He got up there and started eating them so I had to move them.
Little bugger.

Jason captured this great shot of him with his tongue stuck out!

I got a couple of my plant pots finished and took them down to the Hardware at lunch time to sell.

Hopefully someone will like them.
Jason and I walked down there on my lunch, we also stopped by the post office, the pharmacy and the store before taking the long way home so I could get in some extra steps.

We were talking to the pharmacist to see if they might be getting some Astra Zenaca here in the near future so we could get vaccinated.
He said no but he did have another batch of Moderna coming in the next week or so and he figures that we should get a call soon (we put our names on the waiting list).
I sure hope so - I'd much rather get the Moderna but would have taken the Astra Zenaca if it was all I could get.

I got a parcel in the mail today.
It was this top I had ordered for myself with the birthday money my father sent me.

It has 'bat wings' and I had bought another shirt like this and really liked it.

I like how it fits around the waist.

Kody called in the afternoon to say that Freya wanted to come over for a visit so I told him to bring her on over.

When I finished work for the day, we convinced her to go out for a walk.
I still needed to get about 5000 steps and it had warmed up a bit.

She liked walking on the snow.

And of course, jumping in the puddles.

If there is a puddle and she sees it, she's going through it.

She had to walk in this puddle which ran all the way down the road - makes me so happy to see that snow melting!

We stopped in at the park.

Pretty much everything was snow covered and wet but she did find a few things she could play on.

When we got home, we had supper.
Jason had made adobe chicken, salad and corn on the cob.

He also made a sweet treat.

It was his version of the strawberry pie we had in Portland - when he mentioned it, it just made me really want to go to Portland.
Jason at first cut a piece for us to share but then we both decided that we didn't want to share, we each wanted our own slice.
It was delicious.

When we got home from our walk, she wanted a bubba first thing.

We cuddled when I finished work but she crashed almost immediately.

I could just sit and watch her sleeping - she's so precious.

She's going to spend the night and she had quite a nap so I guess that means a late night for us.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment