Monday 12 April 2021

Depressing Weather (Apr.10, 2021)

Freya and I did have a nice sleep in this morning, we got up around 9 am. 

When I saw what was going on outdoors, it made me just want to go right back to bed.

It's amazing how the weather can affect your mood and honestly, waking up to this blizzard put me in a funk.
It is so depressing - it is supposed to be spring and yet it looks like the middle of winter out there.
It snowed all day long too - didn't let up at all.

At least I had sunshine inside the house.

She shared my breakfast with me.

She really is my little sunshine - she makes me happy when skies are grey!

She tried kiwi for the first time and she loved it.

Jason made mac and cheese for the bbq at work today.
He's going to cover it with hickory sticks  - I bet that will taste delicious.

He made a Dr Pepper cake for them too.
I hope he brings a piece home for me to try.
*Update - he did and I had two bites and they were fantastic!

After her bath, she brought the rubber ducks out to play.
She wanted me to sing the song and she did the 'actions' with the ducks.

At least she likes my singing, ha ha.
I am not sure how many times I sang this song today but let me assure you, it was A LOT!

She decided to wear the bowl on her head like a hat - she loves to get a laugh.

Unfortunately, there was still quite a bit of popcorn in the bowl when she decided to do that.

Just being silly.

When Kody came to pick her up, she had just fallen asleep for another late nap.
He came back later after she'd woken up but she wanted to stay another night so I told him to just let her.
We enjoy having her so much and it gives them a bit of a break.
It was another late night but it's the weekend so all good.

I got most of my steps today by pacing around the house.
I did do a Leslie Sansone workout video and was up and down the stairs doing laundry too so that all helped.

That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment