Monday 12 April 2021

Shoveling Out Again - Will Spring Ever Get Here? (Apr.11, 2021)

When we got up this morning, the sun was shining so after coffee, I convinced Freya to come outside with me to do some shoveling. 

We got A LOT of snow yesterday.
IT was hanging off the roof of the house.

It was so low that the door hit it when you opened it.
The first thing I did when I got out there was to knock down as much of it as I could.

I think we must have gotten about 6 inches of snow yesterday at least.
I'm sure it will melt over the next few days but I just wanted to shovel to get some steps in and just because I want it gone honestly.

Freya got her shovel and was all gung ho to help.

It didn't last long though, her hands got cold and she wanted to go in.

Jason just happened to call right then so we sat in the car and had a bit of a video chat with him.

Freya was climbing all over the car while we chatted.

She just loves being able to roam around inside the car which she normally can't do because she's strapped in her chair normally.

After the call, I really wanted to get more shoveling done so I brought the new bike trailer/carriage we'd gotten for Freya outside and set her up in it with a blanket, bottle and YouTube.
She was very happy in there for about an hour while I shoveled.
I didn't get to finish though before she got restless and insisted that we go back inside.
I tried to get her to hang out with Mom/Nanny but she wouldn't go for that.

Giving me the eye!
She's a stink eye pro!

She's a pro at being cute too!

We had a snack, chocolate hummus, can you tell?

When Kody came over to get her, she didn't want to go again.
So he suggested going to Subway and I said I'd come along.
She was good with that.

I went with them and picked up subs for mom and I then went in to their place to visit for a bit.
Once she was settled and happy with Mom and Dad, I was able to sneak out and walk home.

I got a footlong rotisserie chicken sub and it was so good.
I ate half of it then went back out to finish shoveling.

I got the sidewalks and the driveway all cleared off.
It was so nice out there the snow was melting but not as quickly as I would like.

I was a bit chilly when I came in so I hopped in the bath and finished reading my latest book.
I said it was The Orphan Train in an earlier post but it was actually Orphan Tale.
It was a really good book.

Got some selfies in after my bath.
Front view.

Side view.

Back view.
You know, I'm still on the fence as to whether or not I like these jeans.

Jason brought home some leftover Dr Pepper cake and I had a couple bites to try it and it was oh so delightful!

Saw this on Instagram - it's so cute.

I like these welcome sign/planters.
Might get Jason to make me one!

Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm going to be 49.
Holy heck - where has the time gone?

I always see my birthdays as a time for reflection.
This year is going to be my last year of my 40's so there are a lot of things I want to try to accomplish.

I got out my 50 x 50 goals book and had a look.

I've only got 22 goals in there so far - I want to get it finished so I'm going to focus on working on it and getting 28 more goals added, even if they are only little things.

I've been making headway on some of my bigger goals like losing weight and paying off debt and I feel so good about that.

I want 49 to be my best year yet!

All these steps from shoveling today!

That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment