Thursday 8 April 2021

Jasper - Athabasca Falls (April 3, 2021)

Good Morning Jasper.

It was a little overcast out there this morning but perfect weather for a run.

We started out together but Jason is way faster than me so I told him to go on ahead.
I'm super slow and I didn't want to hold him back at all.

Feels so good being up and out and getting some activity in first thing.

I saw Jason ahead stopped taking a picture and when I got up there, I saw it was an Elk by the tracks.

Jason got a picture of me running/jogging.

As we were running, it started to clear up a little.

Such a beautiful day for a bit of a trail run.

There were muddy parts but when I came to those, I just ran on the grass instead.
No puddle incidents today.

I stopped for a picture of the Jasper sign on my way by it.

After our hour long jog, we met back up and went for a cool down walk and saw this guy.

It was so nice that we decided to get our bikes and take them for a ride.

We headed further into Jasper then onto this trail.

It was a windy, downhill trail that we thought might meet up with the road but after going quite a distance down it, there was still no road in sight so we figured we'd better head back.

We'd gone quite a ways down so we figured the way back up might be difficult.
It turned out to be far easier than the way down which was so odd.

We both were thinking that it might be one of those illusions like Magnetic Hill in Moncton, NB.

We went there once when I was a kid and it was pretty cool.

We passed by this hotel,

That had a little cafe.

It was open so we decided to pop in and get a coffee.

Nice sign.

We shared an oatmeal chia cup, an egg and bacon breakfast sandwich and Jason had an espresso and I had a mint tea.
It was a nice little break then we headed back out.

Jason got this shot of me going through this little tunnel.
I don't know how he manages to take pictures while he's biking - I'm just not that coordinated.

 

When we got back to the hotel - I decided to bring the Easter gifts I picked up for the girls down to them today as tomorrow will likely be hectic and rushed in the morning.

I got Freya little cheer pom poms and Zepplyn loved them.

She put on quite a little routine for us.

I love it when kids get so excited over little things - it's awesome.

While we were there, Zepplyn had Jason read her 'book'.
She has a little notebook that she has a story in that she wrote.
She dictates it to her mom and Crystal writes it down.
It was pages of random words and nonsense, but so cute.

We all decided to head out to Athabasca Falls today to check it out.

Just check out that gorgeous blue water.

So stunning.

Everyone else got there a bit ahead of us and were posing for pictures when we arrived.
I got there just in time to get a picture too.

Lloyd and Rita

Freya was happy to see Papa and wanted up with him right away.

So he did of course.

More frozen falls.

Moi.
My yellow jacket makes me really easy to find in a crowd.

Kody and Haylee took a different path than the rest of us and ended up on a bridge above us.

Jason pointed them out to Freya.

She looks kind of down her but she was worried.

She didn't like mom and dad being up there - it worried her bless her little heart.

There really were some gorgeous views there but it didn't take long to walk around and check everything out.

On the way back to the car, Zepplyn found this rock she wanted to pose on and get a picture taken.

She's so funny, she came up with some pretty good poses too.

Kody and Haylee headed back to Jasper and we took Freya with us and decided to follow the others out to see the icefields.

Crystal thought it was about 30km away and we were following them but after 45 minutes of driving we started to question if we were following the right vehicle.

We had no phone service and no idea where we were going and Freya was starting to get fussy so we decided to turn back.

She said she had to pee so we pulled over to let her go on the side of the road but she wouldn't (I hear ya sister, I don't like to do that either).
So I put a pull up on her just in case because we still had quite a ways to go but she didn't end up using it.

I think she was just happy to be out of her carseat and moving.

She climbed to the top of the car and didn't want to come down - she thought it was great up there.

We let her for a few minutes but then we had to wrangle her back into her carseat so we could get back on the road.

We did some singing to stay entertained in the car.
Papa wasn't allowed to join in for some reason.

When we got service again - I called and made reservations for us all to eat at the Jasper Legion.
A restaurant called The Stand Easy.
It had pretty good reviews.

When we got back to the room, we had some mango for a snack.

It was perfectly ripe and Freya just loves it.

Selfie with my girl.

Our dinner reservation was for 7pm and it was just a 5 minute walk away from our hotel.

Kody always making silly faces when I want to take a picture.

We couldn't all sit together of course and Zepplyn wanted to sit with us.

Freya was all over the place.
It's hard for kids to sit in one place and wait for food.

It was a pretty big place in there and not that busy surprisingly compared to all the other restaurants in the touristy part of town.
It did start filling up while we were there though.

There was a stage and lots of band posters so it looks like they have live entertainment here.
That would be fun to see.

Waiting patiently for our food to come.

Miss Freya popped up for a picture.

I finally got my burger that I'd been craving.
I got the southwest burger which had bbq sauce, caramelized onions and onion rings on it.
I skipped the fries though and got a side of caesar salad.
It was really good.
I think everyone really enjoyed their meals.
And Lloyd and Rita treated everyone to supper which was so nice of them.

Afterwards, Lloyd wanted to try out a beavertail so we went there too to get the girls an ice cream.

I hadn't planned on having anything but they had a skor and cream cheese beavertail so I couldn't resist.
Jason and I shared one and it was sinfully delicious.

Alivia sent me this picture she'd taken of Freya on kids messenger.
It has an anime filter but you can still kind of tell it's Freya.

So I took a couple of filtered selfies to send back to her.

What suits me better, pink or green hair?
Ha ha - I'll never get either so it doesn't matter.

Freya came back to our room with us to spend the night again and she was pretty tuckered out because she fell asleep almost immediately.

She's so precious.

Just snoozing away.

Crystal posted this picture of Zepplyn today, I thought it was cute.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment