Thursday 22 April 2021

Pool with the Girls (Apr.17, 2021)

We woke up to sunshine which makes me so happy. 

We got ready and headed out for a run in the river valley.

I just love this run.
I'm pretty much able to do the whole route without stopping, except for when I got to the gigantic staircase.
I'm not up to running that yet.
I did do it twice today though - it's hard but it felt good.

Got our workouts done for the day and feeling awesome.

Our room had a nice big mirror so thought I would take my selfies.
Front view.

Side view.

Back view.

We left the hotel and headed over to Revolution Cycle.
Jason has been having a bit of trouble with his bike since they did the service on it and I wanted to get fenders for mine.

They weren't going to give us an appointment until mid May but I asked to speak to the manager and he said he would fix us up which I thought was fair.
So we left our bikes there and headed to do a bit of shopping.

When we got back, I had nice new fenders and they even comped the service fee which I did not expect but appreciated.
That's where the good news ended.

They basically kind of insinuated that Jason wasn't cleaning his bike properly and that was the cause of his gears slipping, no fault of theirs even though it worked perfectly fine before he took it to be services and they put a new chain on it.

Then the manager also mentioned that they found electric tape on the gear shifter which they claimed was part of this issue as well and that wasn't their fault.

Jason did not put the electric tape on it so it kind of felt accusatory and they've been the only ones that have ever touched his bike aside from him so it just seemed fishy and it was really disappointing.

Anyway, long story short, I don't know that we'll be going back there unfortunately.

We left there and headed to Spruce Grove where we were meeting up with Haylee.
She, her mom, Freaya and Zepplyn were heading in for the night.

They had an appointment to do some painting at a clay cafe.
Freya is still a bit young for that so we said we'd pick her up while they went.

Painting.

Zepplyn painted a puppy.

The finished projects.
They have to come back in a week to pick them up.

While they painted, we took Freya shopping a bit then out to play with her new ball in the field behind the store.

Jason got some cute shots of her.

Just sitting in the long, dead grass.

She saw a goose and she really wanted to get to it.

It was all alone right in the middle of a mucky, swampy mess though - poor thing.
Not that we would have let her get too close to it anyway.

After they finished their painting, we all headed to the hotel and checked in.

Then Jason and I took our bikes out for a ride.
We found some trails and it was quite nice.

On the way back, we ordered a burger from the Ramada and a salad and we shared that for supper.
No eating in at restaurants currently so we just took it back to our room.

Crystal had made an appointment to use the pool at 7 and we were able to join them.
Freya was excited.

Checking out the pool.

The water was chilly and Freya did not want to get in it.

She's holding on to mom for dear life.

I don't blame her really - I had a hard time getting in there myself, in fact, I just couldn't do it.

Aww - my beautiful girls.

I couldn't get in the pool so spent most of the half hour in the hot tub instead.
We all kind of ended up in there.
I did get in the pool for the last few minutes - thought I could pop back into the hot tub again but we ran out of time.

After swimming, everyone came back to our room and we made plans to go on a trip together in May.

I was wanting to take Jason on a trip to Saskatoon for his birthday and invited them to join us but it kind of morphed into going to Regina instead which is fine with me.

I've never been there before so I'm looking forward to it.

We booked rooms for the end of May and now lets just hope Covid restrictions ease up a bit or at least don't get more stringent and make us have to cancel.

Then the girls headed back to their room, except Freya who wanted to sleep in our room with us tonight 

Jason got this great shot of Freya today when we were playing with the ball.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment