Thursday 1 April 2021

Family Dinner (Mar.31, 2021)

Everyone is coming over for supper tonight and since I'm going to be away for Easter, I wanted to get their Easter goodies ready to give to them tonight.

I made everyone goodie bags.

The kids got a little extra, bubbles and a big chocolate bunny.

Freya's I'll wait and give to her at Easter since she's going to be with us in Jasper.
Kody and Haylee will get theirs then too.

Having a dance party and practicing their heavy metal angry looks.

They both look so tough.

OMG - the side eyes she's giving Jason, cracks me up.

Just chilling and playing her game.

I spend lunch hour making lasagna for tonight so I didn't get to go on the treadmill.
It's hard to do anyway when Freya is here because she wants to get on with me or play right by it and I'm worried that she's going to get hurt.

Kody came and got her just before I finished work.
She didn't want to go but I told her she'd be coming back soon for supper for Morgan's birthday.
When I told her Morgan was coming she asked if Tanner was coming too.
I think she has a little crush on him.

I ran around like a mad woman trying to clean up a bit after work.
Jason and mom helped.

I was able to hop on the treadmill for just 15 minutes before everyone got there.
I was trying to get some steps in so I wouldn't have so many to have to get later.

Got almost 2000 in - not bad but not enough.
Looks like I'll be working out after everyone goes home.

It was around 6 when we sat down to eat.
I wish I had enough room at my table for everyone.

Mom and Jason sat at the little kids table with Freya.

Kody and Haylee just sat on the couch to eat.
Some day I'll have a giant kitchen with lots of seating with room for everyone to be together.
That's my dream anyway.

She was happy about the lasagna but when she saw that I made Hunter an omelet, she wanted one too.
So I made them each a two egg omelet and they ate them all up.

Yummy lasagna.
I had a small piece - I had to guess at the points, I called it 9.
It was worth it.

Miss Morgan is 22 now - where is the time going?

Jason made her an ice cream cake.
I am not normally into ice cream cake but I had a small slice and it was delicious.
There's another 10 points!
Hunter was really looking the cake over and inspecting it.
He's very fussy and doesn't want anything 'extra' on anything he eats so he was very concerned about the graham cracker crumbs he saw on it.
We did convince him to try it finally and he ended up loving it.
In fact - I said they could take the leftovers home with them and he reminded me of that when they were leaving.

My brother Rob and I.
I needed a picture of myself to show that I was there too.

Opening her birthday gifts.
She wanted money this year so that's what we all gave her.

I gave the kiddos their Easter bags and they jumped right in to check out what was in them.

Mainly just lots of candy.

Mom gave them bags too - she got them giant kinder eggs and they had to open those immediately to see what was inside.

I gave them all bubbles and Freya was all about that.

Little bubble blower.
She would put the stick right against her lips to blow so you'd think the taste of the soapy bubbles would have bothered her but it didn't seem to at all.

There's those side eyes again, ha ha, cracks me up every time!

She got a few good bubbles that time!

After everyone left, Jason and I got ready and went out for a walk.
It was actually a nice evening out so it was a nice walk aside from the icy roads and sidewalks.
I'm so terrified of falling again that I'm on edge the whole time we are walking.

When we got back from our walk, we got the bike rack put together so that we can use it tomorrow to take our bikes with us to Jasper.
I had planned on packing tonight too but that didn't happen.

Mom gave Jason and I each an Easter bag of goodies and I got into them.
So needless to say - it was not a good day for me points wise.

I had lasagna, a slice of cheesy garlic bread, a piece of ice cream cake, well dressed caesar salad then several chocolate eggs and jelly beans.

I was feeling so guilty when I went to bed and beating myself up for it.

It wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the fact that we are heading to Jasper for the weekend and I know I'm going to be eating out while we are there.

So next weigh in might not be a great one but I'm going to try not to fret about it and just be kind to myself.

I'll do my best with eating healthy this weekend and we'll make sure to be extra active.
One weekend isn't going to ruin all of my progress so I just need to enjoy myself and not let it be on my mind the whole time.

Our Easter goodie bags are going in the morning though, just better to not have it around.

Jason took and posted this awesome picture of Paddington.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment