Tuesday 13 April 2021

Happy Birthday To Me! (April 12, 2021)

Happy Birthday to Me!
I turn 49 today - how did that even happen?
It's my last year before my 50's begin and I plan on making it a good one!

It also happened to be weigh in day.

It was a great one too, 186.8 lbs.

So am I WW, so am I!

That means I was down 4.8 lbs this week (really that's down the 2.4 I was up last week plus another 2.4).
It's been a while since I had a really great weigh in like this and it felt so good.
Put this first day of another journey around the sun for me to a good start.

The sun was shining too - always so good for the spirits.
We did get a bit more snow last night (what?) but hopefully that warm sun will melt it all away.

I got the best birthday message ever.
I could just watch this over and over on repeat all day long!

I had a pretty good busy day at work.
I put some chicken in the slow cooker this morning with chicken broth and as the day progressed, it was just smelling more and more delicious.

I drove down to the store at lunch and stopped to check the mail, still waiting on my new Visa but no sign of it yet.
Then when I got home, I just left everything in the car and headed straight for a walk to get some steps in.

My Dad called me in the afternoon to wish me a Happy Birthday and we had a nice long chat.
He's so good at remembering birthdays - never misses one.

After work, I went out and did some shoveling in the back.
You could hear all the snow melting but we just got so much the other day that I wanted to help it along.

While I was out there, my brother Rob dropped by with a birthday card for me so I went in to visit with him for a few minutes then Kody, Haylee and Freya showed up.

Kody had picked up some cauliflower and he made crispy cauliflower bites for us for supper and he got a salad and strawberries for us too.

It was so thoughtful of him to do that.
It was perfect too because I'd made the chicken in the slow cooker but I hadn't figured out yet what to have with it.

Freya just loves climbing into the fridge and looking at everything in there.
She does it all the time, I thought I'd take a video so I could show her how nimble she was when she gets older.

She climbs up into the fridge like a pro!
She just likes to stand in there for some reason.

Freya had jello and noodles for supper.
Actually, she doesn't really eat the jello - she just plays around with it for a bit then I throw it away. 

Kody and Haylee.

Birthday dinner was delicious.

Hunter and Alivia started sending pictures to me on Messenger Kids.

They sent this one of my brother Adrien - nice do!

Mel and Hunter as kitty cats.

Ha ha - Hunter looks like he got a kick out of this one of Alivia.

I think this was a face swap one.

So I took this nice one of myself to send to them.

Freya was so excited to see the pictures of Hunter and kept saying Hi to them so I figured why not just call them for a video chat.

We basically just played with filters and sent pictures back and forth.

Freya looks so cute here - she didn't like this filter.

The alien look - Each filter I tried on Freya she wanted me to do as well.

Ha ha.

Aww - cute little bear.

Now that's a look.

Oh my - playing with filters never gets old.

Kind of creepy.

Not my favorite filter.

She liked this filter - she loves pink.

One last one - Grandma and Freya as kitty cats.

Not long after we hung up from our chat, Adrien, Mel and the kids showed up at my place.
They came down for a walk so the kids could deliver me the cards they'd made for me.

Hunter made this one - Alivia said she wants to save hers to give me on Wednesday when we have everyone over for supper.

It's supposed to be nice out that day and Jason will be on days off so he suggested we do a bbq for my birthday supper.

I also requested that he make me a carrot cake.

Mom always used to make me one every year and I miss it.

I plan on having a whole slice too, not just a couple of bites.

It was so nice of everyone to drop by to wish me a Happy Birthday - what more could a girl ask for.

My SIL, Mel.

When Hunter decided it was time to go, that was it.
He headed out, got his gear on and there was no changing his mind.

I got tons of birthday messages on Facebook so I sat down this evening and took the time to read them all.
I appreciated that everyone took the time out, even if it was only a minute, to send me greetings today.

It's official, Jason's niece Meghan got her degree and is ready for the next chapter of her life.
Congratulations!
She is getting married in the fall and I am so excited for it.

This is not my picture, I got it off of Instagram.
Love, love, love the sign - Perfectly Imperfect.
I'm so making that.


Well that's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment