Monday 19 April 2021

Discovering St Albert Biking Trails and Pizza Day (Apr.16, 2021)

Freya wanted to stay over last night so of course as always, we were happy to have her.

Love waking up to this precious little being beside me.
I had the day off so I was able to stay in bed a bit later and watch this angel sleep.

Jason got up and headed out for his run.
Then we he got back - I headed out for mine.
I did the same route as yesterday and was able got jog most of it again.
I can tell that I'm making progress and it feels so good.

I took this selfie as soon as I got back from my run as usual so I'm all red and sweaty.

Kody came to pick up Freya right after I got back so I got showered and packed and we headed into the city around noon.

We stopped at Giant Tiger in Westlock and did some shopping there. 

Then it was on to St Albert Homesense where Jason found this adorable helmet.
We got it for Freya of course.

He found this awesome mug too - I love the Golden Girls.
I recently started watching the series again and it's just as funny now as it was back then.

We shopped for a couple hours and I could have shopped more but it was so nice out that I felt like we should take advantage.

We were at the St Albert Mall and there are all kinds of trails there at the back so we just took our bikes out and hit the trails.

The weather was gorgeous and so were the trails.

I just love these old wooden trellis style bridges.
They are far more interesting and beautiful than some of the modern concrete ones.

Another bridge we crossed on our biking adventure.

The trails just went on and on - we ended up at this lake.
It was so nice.
We could have just kept biking forever - there were so many trails to explore.
We will definitely be hitting up these trails again.

We were starting to get hungry though - it was 7 pm by this time, so we headed back to the vehicle then over to the hotel to check in.

We stayed at Campus Tower Suites again so we'd be close to the river valley for a jog in the morning.
Our room was on the other side this time so we had a different view but still just as nice.

Plus Sepp's pizza is close by, right within walking distance.
It's just on the corner by the tall building on the right.

Jason ordered our pizza's then we walked over there to pick them up.

Just a graffiti'd up truck - pretty cool looking.

Waiting for our pizza.

It smelled so delicious.

We got the Double Pepp again because that's been our favorite so far then we also tried the Apulo.

I'm all about honey on a pizza.

It looked pretty good - It wasn't too overloaded with jalapenos, I like them but I can't handle too many.

The Double Pepp.
I think we like it so much because it's the closest we've found to Prince Street pizza.

They were both delicious.
I had three and a half slices - I tried to finish the fourth slice but I just couldn't do it.
I think the Apula might be my new favorite.

Jason and I both got new shoes today.

I saw these last time I was in the city and was trying to decide whether or not to buy them.
I didn't get them but regretted it when I got home and I was just lucky enough to find them again today.

You never know with Winners.

Then Jason just happened to find a pair in his size.
His post on Instagram cracked me up.

I can't wait to try them out tomorrow.

His posts always do.
These are 'tombies' he made with Freya - she just loves ghosts and zombies and monsters.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment