Monday 12 April 2021

Sad News from Buckingham Palace (Apr.9, 2021)

 Yay, it's Friday - my favorite day of the week.

Paddington curled up on me this morning for some cuddles before I got up.
He loves to curl up right on my neck - he's such a little love bug.

Woke up to some sad news this morning, Prince Philip passed away.
I guess you could call me a bit of a royal family fan and while Philip may not have been my favorite, I do admire the fact that he and Queen Elizabeth were married for over 70 years - that doesn't happen very often anymore.
I think he lived a good, long life but that doesn't mean the people close to him will miss him any less.
So it's a sad day for them and they are in my thoughts.

I hopped on the treadmill at lunch time.
Did a one and one workout again but all the jogging I did at a 4.0 speed.

Felt pretty good after my workout - It always feels good to get it done!

After work I finished up a few projects that I've been working on to get them ready to take to the Hardware.

This saying cracked me up for some reason.

I went with different colors for the text - I'm happy with how it turned out.

The clay moulds I glued to these pots last night was dry enough for me to go ahead and paint.
It kind of cracked in some places but I think that just adds to the charm.

It had kind of lifted off the pot in some areas too but I just filled that in with more clay.

I did an edging around this one.
When it dried, it shrunk so there were gaps but I filled that in with extra clay too.
They were only little gaps so I felt like it was ok to go ahead an paint it.

I'm going to give them all a base coat of white then I'll go back with another color afterwards.
Likely a soft green or blue.

I got the chicken wire cut for the backs of these shelves but for the life of me could not find our staple guns (we have several) to attach it.
They are likely in the garage somewhere - I'll have to get out there and have a look.

Freya wanted to come spend the night and I was happy to have her.

She was a little disappointed that Papa wasn't there and we tried to call him but he was busy so we sent him a message.

She wanted a bubba and fell asleep almost immediately.

She had a pretty good nap too.
I think that means I'm in for a late night tonight!

She's a little pro on the phone these days - I think she navigates through YouTube better than I do.

Her little shirt was so cute, it says 'Beast Mode'.

She was happy to see Jason when he got home and convince him to go 'upstairs' to the basement to play until bedtime.
I keep telling her that the basement is actually downstairs but it hasn't clicked yet.

We did have a bit of a late night - but that's ok - we can sleep in a bit in the morning to make up for it.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment