Thursday 22 April 2021

Ethiopian Food and Green Onion Cakes (Apr.18, 2021)

Jason and I got ready and headed out for a run this morning.
I forgot to take pictures.

It was cold out there so I kind of decided before we even left that it was going to be a short one for me today.

I had a hard time getting started, I'd jog a bit then walk, then jog a bit then walk then finally after a few attempts I got going and I felt good.

So good that I ended up doing the whole route we had done on the bikes last night and I was able to jog the whole time.

It felt good.

The girls had booked the pool again this morning for 10, Jason and I were out running so we weren't able to join them.

Freya wore her new bathing suit she picked out yesterday while we were shopping.

Crystal, Zepplyn and Haylee.

After their swim, it was pretty much time to check out.
They were heading home and Jason and I were heading back to the city to pick up a few things.

I was chatting with Crystal briefly about a vacation rental in Invermere this summer - I think I found a good one so I'm going to go ahead and book.

She said they would love to go and her parents are going to come as well.

I later found out that today is Crystal's birthday.
I had no idea, I would have picked her up a cake or something.
I felt bad because I hadn't even wished her a Happy Birthday so I sent her a message as soon as I found out.

Jason and I picked up some groceries when we went back to the city then decided we wanted to have some Ethiopian food before heading home.

We found this place and dropped in and ordered our food.
They said it would take about 20 minutes to make so we headed over to the Mexican market which we thought was nearby - Jason wanted to get some vanilla.

It was a bit further away than we thought but oh well.

We were surprised to find this place right next to the Mexican market.

We'd seen it on a YouTube Vlog and so of course we just had to try it out.
 
I just love green onion cakes.

They have really good reviews too.

This street that the Mexican place on is really a neat street, lots of different types of food to try.
It's a great place to spend a day just walking around and checking things out.
We've done that before and we'll do it again I'm sure.

Lots of cool artwork too.

All four sides of this panel box were painted.

Here's the back and the final side had a bunch of balloons on it.

I love it when there are murals on the walls.
Just makes a place much more interesting.

I sure hope so.

More murals.

We are just LOVING our bike rack and being able to take our bikes with us - I feel certain it's going to be a common scene this summer.

We ordered two onion cakes and as soon as we got back to the car, we tried them.
I forgot to get some of the fish sauce I like to dip them in but they were so good that they didn't even need any dip.
I would highly recommend them.

Then we headed back to pick up the Ethiopian food we'd ordered.
We got extra injera bread.
It's what you use to pick up the food - no utensils.
It's flat like a pancake but spongy and slightly sour.
I just love it.

We got a lamb dish.

And a veggie platter.
We ate it right there in the car and it hit the spot.

We made one more stop on the way home and picked up some groceries including these blueberries.
I have never liked blueberries but I know they are good for you so every now and then I try them just to see if I've changed my mind.

Then suddenly on our way in to the city, Jason had picked up a dish and I tried a couple and lo and behold, I liked them.
What?
So we got more today and snacked on them on the drive home.
I don't know what changed but it's good.
Maybe not for Jason, ha ha, he never had to share them before.

Still don't think I'll be eating a blueberry pie anytime soon but fresh blueberries I now will do!

Ha ha - great advice!

This looks delish!

So beautiful - I would love to build something like this.

We arrived home to a skiff of snow - yuck.
It's not that much though so shouldn't take long to melt away.

Jason headed out for a bike ride and I headed straight to the tub.

Then it was pretty much off to bed, as we were both tired.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment