Thursday 15 April 2021

My Birthday Dinner (Apr.14, 2021)

I was so happy to wake up to sunshine today.

 

What a sweet way to wake up.

My dad sent me some money for my birthday so I decided to treat myself.
I went online and ordered two new pairs of leggings with pockets and two new hoodie type tops.
I'm excited for them to get here!

I got ready and headed out for a run/walk at lunch today.
I jogged for a good part of it - I can feel improvement happening, like it is getting easier.

I decided to tag on a little extra to my run since I was feeling so good and I wiped out at the end.
I didn't get hurt luckily but my shirt got dirty.

Took my selfies when I got back.
I don't know why I always take them after a work out when my face is beet red?

Side view.

Back view - notice the mud stains?

Pretty much everyone was able to make it except Tanner as it just so happened to be his dad's birthday today so he was over spending time with him.

Adrien.

Kody and Haylee.

Even Zepplyn joined us.

Jason cooked up a feast for us on the bbq.
Hamburgers, hot dogs and smokies.
He also had macaroni salad, potato salad and caesar salad.
I had a little of everything.

Trying to get a picture of Freya and I but she was being silly.

She just wouldn't look at the camera.

That's a little better.

Morgan, Mom and I.

Hunter barely spent any time indoors.
He's always loved the outdoors and seeing as it was so nice out, he just wanted to stay out there.
He did come in when we got the cake out though to sing Happy Birthday.

Happy birthday to me.

Zepplyn wanted to help me blow out my candles so I let her and Freya was not very impressed.
Jason made me a carrot cake as I requested.
I had taken a vote the other night too when everyone was over.
I gave everyone the option of carrot cake, ginger cake or strawberry shortcake and carrot cake was the overwhelming winner.

Mom used to always make me a carrot cake from scratch for my birthday before she had her stroke and I kind of miss it.
This cake Jason made was fantastic and I had a whole slice and I enjoyed every single bite.

I tracked everything.
The carrot cake alone was 28 points!
I did a bit of damage to the weekly point situation but it was worth it.
I have no problem with having a treat now and then.
It's all about moderation.

We plan on going to the city this weekend too and having pizza at Sepp's.
I don't have enough weeklies left to cover that but our plan is to just make sure to do lots of extra activity.

Freya stayed for a sleep over and after everyone left, she and Jason and I all went out for a nice walk.
We were near her place and she had to use the washroom and she was so worried that we were taking her home when I took her there to use the bathroom.

She was tired and we were expecting her to fall asleep on the walk back home but she didn't.

It wasn't long after we got home though that she was out.

I just held her there on me for a while.
She's going to grow up so fast so these moments are precious to me and I want to enjoy them as much as I can.

My handsome honey.

Nadine has been working on wedding decorations for her sons upcoming nuptials this summer and she made all these paper flowers.
They are absolutely gorgeous.
She said she is done with them though - tired of making them and Karl wants his garage door back.

Saw this little fort made out of pallets.
This would be cute to make for Freya.

I saw this and thought I should look up what this 5BX workout actually is.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment