Saturday 26 May 2018

Off to Portland, Oregon! (May 16, 2018)

I got up super duper early this morning.
I wanted to start work early so that I could leave early and I was in there by 5:30 am.

The sun was setting and it looked beautiful!

Almost looks like a fire off in the distance.

Seems you can never catch all the beauty in a photo.

I had peanut butter toast again and it was so good.
I sometimes forget how much I love peanut butter.
I worked until 11 am then I headed home.

We realized half way into the city that we forgot our Garmin so when we got into St Albert we stopped at Canadian Tire to get one.
I also stopped into Bootlegger so I could pick up the top that I had ordered.

There was a Timmie's in the mall so I couldn't resist and got myself a chocolate chip iced cappucino.

There was also a spot that sold pizza cones so we had to get one to try.
It tasted pretty good actually.

We left there and headed over to the airport.
It didn't take as long to get over there as we expected it would.

We parked at the JetSet parking again.
We got through security really quickly so had lots of time to spare.

We went to Chilli's so I could have a Caesar.

Love this guy!

 We got chips and guacamole too.

My Honey also got a bowl and it was really tasty but it was too spicy for me.

Our gate was the very last gate.

We flew with Air Canada this time which was a switch.
Guess I didn't have to be concerned about a pilot strike after all.

Before long we were up and away.

I picked these up at the airport and we enjoyed them on our flight.

The first leg of the trip took us to Vancouver.
They've done lots of renovations in the airport there I think, it looks great.

Getting through security and customs went smoothly again so again we had a bit of time.

We found a place that sold Tom Kha Gah so we got a bowl and shared it.

It was just about as hot as the surface as the sun and I majorly burnt my tongue with the very first bite.

We had to let it cool off a bit but it was delicious.

Then we found our gate and waited to board.

I was browsing the internet and came across this.

Well who knew?
Guess I was today years old too when I found this out.

Ha ha!
I don't really believe this though - I think getting old is a privilege denied to many and I am thankful for every day that I have.

Facebook Memory
My grade 9 prom back in 1987!
I wasn't much of a fashionista back then either!

It was looking like a lovely sunny day here in Vancouver.

Heading out from Vancouver.

It was a much smaller plane over to Portland and only a quick 45 minute flight.

There were only 2 seats on either side of the aisle so we had our row to ourselves.

Flying over the mountains was beautiful.

I sat by the window and we picked the right side of the plane because we were treated to an awesome view of Mount St Helen.

We  arrived in Portland right on schedule and the weather was just beautiful.

We had a rental car reserved with Dollar Rental.
They talked us into an upgrade, a Subaru Outback.
My Honey was interested in maybe getting one so it will be a good test drive.

We had some trouble getting the Garmin going but we did manage to find the hotel.
It is a little further out from the downtown core but appears to be a nice area.
I just love this city, it is so beautiful.

The hotel clerk was very friendly - he gave us some pointers on things to do in Portland.

I thought it was a great room.
Big and spacious.

It had a little living room area as well.

As soon as we were in the hotel I checked to see if Roloff Farms had emailed me back and they had.
Appointment is still on for tomorrow even though they haven't gotten my cheque yet.
I am so excited.

I grabbed some snacks when we checked in and I am going to have some now then head to bed.


That is all for today, until next time, be happy!



No comments:

Post a Comment