Tuesday 15 May 2018

Home Sweet Home (April 24, 2018)

We slept in a little longer than we should have this morning.
I totally blame it on the bed at the Four Points by Sheraton.
It is our new go to hotel whenever we stay in Nisku.
It has the most comfortable bed, pillows and bedding ever.
I just never want to get out of the bed.
My feet were feeling a bit swollen this morning.


The left ankle was looking puffy,


the right one was even worse.
The right one is the one that gives me trouble sometimes if I am on it a lot.
I know the swelling will go down over the next day or two but it is very uncomfortable in the meantime.

We stopped at Timmie's for breakfast.
I got them to add cream cheese to my Bagel BELT but won't do it again, it was too much.


Doesn't he look thrilled to be heading home?

I picked these up in the airport and I just had to eat them - I will get back to following WW tomorrow.


I was hoping the snow would be all melted when we got back and so far it is looking very promising.


It was nice to arrive home to a nice, sunny day.


This little one was out enjoying the nice weather too!

As we got closer to town, you can see that the snow hasn't all quite melted on the one side of the road yet as it doesn't get as much sun.

Then as we pulled into town, there was still some snow all over but it has gone down substantially since we left.

I got My Honey to drop me at the office first thing.
This was the message they had on the board - it made me laugh.

Work passed by pretty quickly, did some catch up with the girls then I had a pile of stuff to get through on my desk.
I was having major computer problems though, it was painfully slow to work on.
I was happy when the day was done and hopefully tomorrow it will work better.

There is still some snow in our yard.

You can see by the wetness on the driveway though that it has been melting all day today.
Perfect!

On the way home today, My Honey stopped at IGA and grabbed a roasted chicken.
He made rice and veggies to go with it and supper was ready for me when I got home from work.

I got lots of kitty cuddles as soon as I got home.
I think someone missed me.

My brother and the kiddos dropped by unexpectedly for a visit.

Mr H was so busy that I just could not get a picture of him.

He was playing with Professor Snuggles.

Then he was just trying to avoid the camera.

He went and found toys for he and My Honey to play.
He is super busy!

It was really nice to see them!
Yup!

Ha ha!
One of these days, I will be a real runner.
Totally my goal.

I'm very fortunate in that My Honey is always very helpful and he likes to keep busy, in fact, he keeps far busier than I do.

I thought this was beautiful and what a lovely world if we could all do this for one another.

My fitbit finally gave out today - I forgot to bring the charger to New York with me.
I got it charging anyway but this step count for today is incorrect.

Got to bed at a decent hour.

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment