Tuesday 15 May 2018

Birthday Dinner & A Movie with the Girls! (April 28, 2018)

Today I was heading in to the city with the girls for my birthday dinner and movie

I got up when My Honey left for work so I would be ready when they picked me up at 8 am.
NC/T did the driving today.

We went in the Spruce Grove way and stopped at MoJo's.
It is a diner on the side of the highway that we have all seen lots but none of us had ever actually stopped in there.
Felt like we were driving on two wheels when we turned in there because it was such a last minute decision, lol!

They had a breakfast smorg so that is what we all got.



It was 14.95 for all you could eat & drink so that was pretty darn good.
The food was delicious, you could tell it was all home made.
They had spinach and cream cheese quiche which was supremely delicious.

There is a garden center there so we checked that out too.
I ended up buying a wooden daisy for only 12.00.

It was about 20 degrees already while we were there so it was shaping up to be a lovely sunny day.

Next stop was One Man's Treasure, a consignment/antique/secondhand store in Stony Plain.
What I find!  I think this will become a regular stop for me in the future.
As soon as I walked in I found a window pane for $10.00.
They had lots of them and we all got one except SV.

They had great furniture pieces for reasonable prices.
BH bought a sideboard kind of dresser which I just loved.
We didn't have room in the car for it though so I offered to pick it up for her when we go in next Friday.
I did find a bread box which was a little pricier but I really liked it so I got it with my birthday money.

We stopped at The Barn Owl next which has tons of stuff that I like but I find it really pricey.
So we left without buying anything but they do classes and we got the information on them and may go back for one sometime in the future.

Goodwill was the next stop so NC/T could drop off some donation but I went in to have a look around and ended up finding a corvel and a couple of metal sconces so I picked them up.

I was having a wonderful time but it was a little hard on my pocket book I think because we stopped at Winners next where I picked up a bird cage on a stand and a couple of throw rugs. (I decided when I got home that neither of the rugs I picked up worked for what I wanted them for so those will end up going back next week).

I also picked up a couple of necklaces that were on sale for half price.  One has a seahorse on it so I am going to give it to my sons girl.

We also hit up the dollar store.  We were looking for flowers to fill up the birdcages we'd purchased (BH got a couple of them for her lake lot) and I also picked up a couple other crafty items.

We made a pit stop at Home Depot too and I was kind of digging this area rug so I took a picture to show My Honey.

Deep in discussion about tile.

I really like this fixture and think I might go back and get it for above our dining room table.

I know My Honey will like it because we will be able to use the Edison bulbs.

Lets just say that between the four of us, the truck was quite full by this point so we thought we would call it a day on the shopping.

It was just in time because our movie was starting at 4 pm so we headed to the theatre, got our tickets and snacks and settled in for the show.

We saw I Feel Pretty and I enjoyed it much more than the last movie Amy Schumer put out.
We had a few really good laughs.

After the movie we went to supper at Brown's Social House.

It was our first time there and likely will be our last.
They forgot about us!!
They took our drink orders then they never brought them and we waited more than 20 minutes for someone to come back.
She only did because we said something then she made an excuse and said she was going to send over her manager.

It was kind of weird actually, he didn't come, she came back, took our drink orders then the manager did come with our drinks and apologized and gave us some explanation. He also gave us our drinks on the house.


SV got her soup on the house too because she didn't order a drink.


They did have really fabulous light fixtures though!

Anyway, I ordered the Dragon Bowl because it had coconut rice and SV ordered it too.

BH & NC/T got the Pad Thai.
The food was ok.

We got Key Lime Pie for dessert and


a brownie with ice cream, walnuts and caramel sauce on top.
Dessert was just ok too.

Then we headed home.
It is so nice that it stays light out so late now.

It was after 9 when we got home and still not dark.

BH & NC/T help me take all my stuff in the house and saw my renos for the first time.

I brought My Honey my left overs from the restaurant, I don't think he was that crazy for them either.

I had a bit of a headache so pretty much headed straight to bed.

It was a great day though and I can't wait to go back to One Man's Treasure next weekend to see what more treasures I might find.

So close!

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment