Tuesday 15 May 2018

Simple Sunday (April 29, 2018)

I slept in a bit this morning and it felt really nice.


It's hard to tell in this picture but it was actually snowing out there a little bit this morning.

When I got up I got right to work on the laundry, I stipped the bed and took everything downstairs.

I got that started, cleaned out the kitty litter then I made myself a coffee and watched an episode of Heartland, now I am all caught up again.

I tried arranging the flowers I'd picked up in the birdcage but I didn't like how they looked so I ended up making a little wreath out of some of them.

I glued it to the twig heart I picked up at the dollar store yesterday and I think it looks cute.

I was trying to find a place to hang my window pane I picked up.  I thought it would look great on the blue wall but it is too big for the space I wanted to put it in so I think I will put it on the wall beside my front door.
I need to get some hangers for it so it didn't actually get put up.

I did hang a couple little things I picked up yesterday.
Got this at the dollar store for $1.25!


I am really please with the way my wall collection is coming along here.


This is the flower I picked up from the greenhouse at MoJo's yesterday.
It is plain & simple and that is what is appealing about it to me.

I found a new show to watch on Netflix and I kind of spent most of the day watching it and piddling around doing other little things.

Money for Nothing.
The premise is this women goes to a recycle/dump drop off and looks at what folks are getting rid of.  She finds three items that she takes and tries to make money from.  One of the items she takes care of herself then the other two she finds two experts in whatever field and they restore or recycle the other two items.
She then sells the items if she can and takes any profits to the folks who were throwing away the items in the first place.

I used to kind of do that (not for profit, just for myself) and it reminded me of how much I loved doing it.
I really want to get out into the garage and get it cleaned up so I can set up a workshop/space in there to do projects like that.

So that was pretty much how I spent my day and it kind of flew right by.  Next thing I knew it was almost 7 pm and I hadn't prepared any supper so I texted My Honey and we decided to meet at the store to pick something together.

We went with hamburgers and sweet potato fries.
I felt bad that he had to cook after he'd just worked all day, he is just the better cook and there is no denying it.

The burger was delicious. 
I told him all about the new show I discovered, we watched an episode together (like I hadn't seen enough already) and then we headed to bed.

This photo memory of our first trip to Hawaii popped up.
I like this picture of me so thought I would share.

Hmm, not great.

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment