Wednesday 11 October 2023

Artsy Fartsy Family. (Oct.7, 2023)

Freya spent the night with us last night and it's been awhile since she and I had a morning together, just the two of us.

She slept in a little later than I did so I was up and having my coffee.
When she wakes up she always hollers out to me "Grandma" and I have to go right down there.
She always wants me to lay back down in the bed and snuggle with her for a bit until she's ready to get up and of course I love every moment of that.

Kody and Haylee are taking her to the city this morning and they are spending the night.
Just to do some fun stuff with her before the new baby arrives and I think its a great idea.

She wore her new little overalls that I picked up for her at my last thrift store spree.
They look super cute.

She worked on this picture while I was doing her hair and she had to put some lipstick on when Mom and Dad got there to pick her up.

After they left, I got ready and headed out for a run.
Today is actually supposed to be a rest day and tomorrow I'm supposed to run 4 miles but I'm going to the city tomorrow with Nadine and Bonnie so I moved my run to today.

I only had to run 6.4k but I ended up doing 7k.
It was a beautiful day for a run and I quite enjoyed it.


The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.
It was hard at a few spots - the uphill parts but those are the parts that feel so good after you finish them.

So happy to have my workout in for the day.

I went home and showered then Adrien dripped Alivia and Hunter off - they weren't there for long before he got home.

I didn't get a picture of them but I did get a picture of this awesome turkey that Hunter drew.
I swear there must be artistic genes in our gene pool because the kids are all fantastic artists.
Kody, Alivia, Hunter and Freya all are really good at drawing, my dad was good too.
I'm not a good drawer but I do enjoy doing crafty things.

I printed off these labels that I purchased off Etsy and I modge podged them to these boxes that Jason made.
I plan on filling them with greenery and mini lights and maybe a few other bits and bobs.

I picked this label for the wood colored box but I'm not sure that I like these colors together.
I may stain the box darker or sand this label off and try something else.
I'm not sure yet.

Once that was done I went searching through my fabric stash to see what I had for Christmas fabric.

I plan on stopping by the fabric store tomorrow so I wanted to see what I needed.

I plan on making some candy canes and maybe a few other things.
 

Then finally before I called it a day with the crafting I painted these two frames.
They were white and I was wanting to put canvas back on them then paint something on the canvas.
The canvas was a beige color which was too close to the white so I did one black and the other red so I can use it for something Christmassy.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment