Wednesday 4 October 2023

10k Run, Property Check, More Craft Creations Completed (Oct.1, 2023)

I had a 10k run on the training schedule for today so I got up, had a coffee then pretty much headed out to get it done.

I did it.
The last few km's were tough but I just kept going.

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.
You can see that I was really slowing down for the second half but that's ok.
I'm not out to break any records.

It was a little chilly out but nice.
I remembered to put my contacts in because my glasses fog up really bad when I wear a hat.

I put the second set of tires we had from the Mitsubishi on Facebook market place for sale and a fellow from Slave Lake came today and picked them up.
He got here just as I was finishing up my run.

Nadine asked me to drop by so after we loaded up the tires, I walked over there to have a visit.
It was my first time seeing her place all done up since they moved in and it looks really nice.

Then on the walk home, my sister called.
She was in PEI for a wedding this weekend so she dropped over to our property to have a look.

It's pretty overgrown but there are a few red maples popping up here and there.

A few more - they are so pretty.

She was checking on the fruit trees we planted to see how they were doing.
She can't tell (neither can I).
They look like they are alive so that's good.

This is the side where we had forestry come in and plant lots of trees and she says they are looking good.

You can see the water there in the background.
She said it's really pretty there and nice and peaceful.

Makes me want to get there and get working on a cabin or something so we can actually spend some time there in the summers.

She took a couple of videos and sent them along as well.

Jason said he's bringing me home a treat from his parents.
Has it all loaded up.
A new snow blower - Woo Hoo!

I spent the day finishing up some projects.
I want to get the fall and Halloween stuff done so I can put that stuff away and get started on Christmas!

I painted the Happy Halloween part of this sign with some glow in the dark paint that I got at the dollar store.
I tried it out in the dark bathroom though and it didn't work so that was kind of a bummer but I'm still happy with how the sign looked after I painted it.

Got another pumpkin.
I think these just look so beautiful when they are all done.
This one I made with a sweater that I bought at the second hand store.

And I also made a Halloween wreath.
I love this ghost I got at the dollar store - super cute.

Some pictures from the wedding yesterday.
My cousin Pam's youngest son got married - this is the whole family - I love it.
Wish I could have been there.

Pam and Blair with their boys and their spouses.
Looks like everyone had a great time!

That is all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment