Wednesday 11 October 2023

Weigh In, Thanksgiving Dinner and Adrien's Birthday (Oct.9, 2023)

Today was weigh in day and after being so good on the weekend, I was really disappointed when I saw the number on the scale.

 

I was 209.2 lbs.

That's up 2 lbs from last week which I was not expecting at all.
I'm not going to let it get me down or give up though - I'm just going to keep trusting the process and staying on plan and I know it will pay off.
Just have to keep going.

Today is Thanksgiving so we have the day off but I wanted to switch it and work today and take Friday off instead so that's what I did.
I just worked from home though.
I was worried that I might not be able to log in and in that case I would have went to the office but luckily I got right in to my virtual desktop with no problems at all.

I'm having the family over for supper tonight and Jason cooked a turkey and a ham for me so I just had to peel some potatoes, carrots and turnip today which I was able to do while reports were running.
So everything was ready for me to turn on at the end of the day.
I also baked a cake for my brother Adrien - yesterday was his birthday so this is his birthday dinner as well.

Today normally would be a rest day but I moved tomorrow's work out up to today.
I had to run 10 minutes easy followed by 15 minutes at tempo the finally another 10 minutes easy.
I ran the first 10 at a speed of 4.1, bumped it up to 4.6 for the 15 min tempo then back down to 4.2 for the last 10.

Workout complete!

I made a few candy canes today as well.

This is what I started with.
They are just plastic candy canes, I got a pack of 50 from Amazon for like 10 bucks or something.

I covered them with a strip of gauze.
It was expired (who knew it could expire) in the first aid kits at work and they were just going to throw it away but I took it thinking I could likely use it for a craft and lo and behold - I have.

Then next, I covered it with a strip of some beigey fabric that I had.
I tore it in strips so that it would look rustic.

The final step was to wrap on strips of fabric.

They turn out kind of chunky which I really like.
Oh, I did sprinkle cinnamon on a couple to make them look aged and I like that look so I'll likely do that to the rest.

They don't take much time to make so on another day when I'm not so busy I think I'll knock a bunch out.

Haylee posted this picture of Freya at her Grandma's in Barrhead - they had Thanksgiving dinner there yesterday.
I love her funky style, she gets that from her mom.

After I finished work, I got the veggies on to cook, iced Adrien's cake and cut up the ham and the turkey.

Jason had to work but everyone else was able to make it over including Randy, Crystal and Zepplyn.

Trying to get Freya to look.

I wish I had a larger table - a few people always end up having to eat in the living room.
This time it was Crystal.

But at least Kody and Haylee kept her company.

The kids spent most of the time outside playing and making Tik Toks - it was another gorgeous day out there.
We could have eaten outside if we wanted, it was that nice!

I'm not too sure what the girls were doing here.
They were having lots of fun though.

Happy Birthday Adrien!

After visiting for a bit, everyone went home except Freya and Zepplyn.
They both wanted to stay and hang out for a bit so I let them.
They wanted to see Jason - he ended up having to work late so they didn't get much time with him but they got enough - they were happy.

I ended up having 2 zucchini cookies, a slice of Adrien's Banana Sour Cream Cake and a slice of cheesecake that Morgan brought over so I went way over my points.
I was feeling a little defeated I guess after my bad weigh in and was having a poor me moment but it's passed and I feel guilty now but what's done is done.

The rest of the zucchini cookies and the loaves will be leaving the house tomorrow - I'm going to take them to work.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment