Saturday 28 October 2023

Baby Eden Comes Home and Meets More of the Family (Oct.26, 2023)

 Jason had planned on doing a long run this morning after he dropped Freya off at school but she wasn't feeling well so we kept her home.

I decided to work from home this morning just so Jason could still head out for his run.

It was really miserable out there today so kudos to him for getting that done.

My internet at home was so slow it was hard to work otherwise I likely would have just worked from there all day.
It was too frustrating though so once Jason got home, I headed down to the office for the afternoon.

I had to run 3 miles today and I'm not as brave as Jason - there was no way I was facing the elements so instead I hopped on my trusty treadmill.
I am so grateful that I have it.

It felt like a struggle today for some reason but I got it done.

When I got home Hunter was there - Jason said Freya was asking for him to come over all day long and she was relentless.
Then she ended up getting mad because I had given her a Walmart toy flyer and told her to circle the things that she liked then I gave Hunter the same flyer and told him to circle the things he liked but with a different color marker.

Well he circled one of the same things she did and she was livid about it.
OMG.

We promised her we'd get her a new flyer for her to mark up then Jason played 'kitties' with her and Hunter and everything was better.

Kody called early in the evening to say that Haylee and Eden were discharged from the hospital so they were on their way home, did we want to come over.

He wanted Mom to meet Freya.
So we all got ready and headed over there.

So Mom got a turn to hold her first.
Eden and her Great Nanny Myrtle.

So sweet.

Hunter wanted a turn next and Freya had to 'help' him hold her sister.

Took another shot with my flash so I could see them better.

He was so amazed by how tiny her fingers and fingernails were.

He was checking them out.

She seems tinier than she was yesterday.

He's so proud - and Freya is just being silly.

Kody keeping a close eye on things.

Freya getting ready for her turn to hold Eden.

Then you know Grandma wanted a turn.

I could just sit and stare at her for hours.

Her little fingers and hands are so tiny.

Papa had a turn too of course.

Look at her holding on to his finger.

Adrien came over to meet her too but he didn't want to hold her because he'd just smoked and didn't want to get the smell on her.
Rob was there too.

Then after he went home, Alivia ran across the street so she could meet Eden too.

So of course she had a turn holding her as well.

Just taking in all of the cuteness.

Mom keeping a watchful eye this time.

We didn't stay too long - mom is still tired.
Freya came back to our place to spend another night.

We started watching The Haunted Mansion and it was good but I was really tired so I didn't finish watching it - just went to bed.
Freya came with me and was watching videos on my phone.
I was just falling asleep when my phone died so she gave it to me and then wanted me to read her a book.
I was way too tired - I told her maybe Papa could (he was still up) and she could go hang with him but Grandma really wanted to go to sleep.
She just said ok and promptly fell asleep - she must have been super tire.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment