Saturday 7 October 2023

Friday and My Sweetie has a Toothache (Oct.6, 2023)

Friday is here - Yay - My favorite day of the week.

I got out for a walk this morning to the road and back.
Hat weather is here.

The wind had blown most of the leaves off of the trees around but this one by the office is still looking so beautiful.

I'm going to be so sad when it's bare.
I guess then I'll have the hoar frost to look forward to.


I just had a 2 mile (3.2K) run on the schedule for today so I went out at lunch time and knocked that out.
I was kind of counting songs and trying not to look at my fitbit so I went a bit over what I needed but that's ok.
The more miles in the bank the better.

The exercise details.

My average pace and splits.
I'm staying pretty steady around this pace which is fine.

I was still pretty sweaty even though it was a shorter run.

When I got home after work, I got busy right away on a bunch of things I wanted to get done.
First thing I did was make a double batch of zucchini cookies.

I found a recipe in my Company's Coming cookbook for them years ago and they don't look the nicest but they are so delicious.
I couldn't resist and ended up eating one.

Then I cut up the squash and an apple and go that cooking for soup.
I only used a small portion of the squash so I cut up the rest of it, cubed it and put it in the freezer so we could use it for something else later.

Haylee and Freya ended up showing up while I was in the middle of things.
She said Freya had been asking to come over which is perfectly fine with me - I was hoping to have her sleep over tonight anyway.
Haylee got a date for her C Section - they are going to do it on Oct.25 so just a few more weeks and baby will be here.

Haylee left and I got Freya set up with some paper and markers -she just loves to draw and she's so good at it.
Then I got busy and made a triple batch of zucchini loaf.

It made 1 large loaf and 6 single loaves.
I still had a bit of the grated zucchini left but I was done baking for today so I just put the rest in the freezer.

I tried a slice of the loaf  and it was so good.
I added walnuts and chocolate chips.
I have to get rid of the rest of this stuff so I won't eat it all.

Kody and Haylee came back for a visit and they really liked the cookies so I sent a bunch home with them.
I think I'll send them over a couple loaves too, Jason is going to take one to work and I'm going to give one to Nadine so that should take care of them.

So then I was ready to do some snuggling with my little sweetheart.

I was trying to take her picture but I couldn't get her to look away from the phone.

Still no luck - ha ha.
She and Jason did go down to the basement for a bit to play but then she came back up and cuddled with me a bit more before we all headed to bed.

She was complaining of a toothache the other day when she was here and right before we went to bed, she started crying again saying her tooth was sore.
So we got her some Tylenol and it took a bit to kick in but it helped.

She woke up in the middle of the night too, crying about it being sore again so I gave her some more.
She must have an infection poor little thing.
Toothaches just suck so bad - I know I just hate it when I get one.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment