Thursday 19 October 2023

Happy Retirement Larry and Mom's New Do (Oct.11, 2023)

One of the consultants that works out of our office decided just last week that he is going to retire and tomorrow is going to be his last day.
Shennelle and I are going to be in the St Albert office tomorrow for a meeting so we are having lunch for Larry today.

So I went home this morning for an hour to get my workout done since I wouldn't be able to do it at lunch.

I had to run 3 miles (5k) today and it was windy out so I opted to do it on the treadmill.

It was a great workout - I was sopping wet when I finished.
They were ordering in Chinese food for lunch and I wanted to stick to plan so I stopped and picked up a sub from Subway for myself.
 
Dan and Larry are the two pipeline consultants that we have in our area and they work pretty close together and are great friends so Dan decided to come today dressed as Larry since he'll kind of be his replacement.

Larry's wife Colleen came as well and she thought Dan's costume was hilarious.

We all did actually.

Dan had all of Larry's mannerisms down and it was hilarious - he had us all in stitches.

.
You can see that Blair is trying to contain his laughter.

Larry and Larry 2.0.

Larry got a big kick out of it too - he was impressed with the lengths Dan went to in order to copy him.

Larry is just the kindest, the most thoughtful and the most generous.
He always donated to any cause that we were raising funds for, if we were selling tickets in the office he'd not only buy a bunch but put the tickets in all of our admins names.
He'd also take us all to a big Christmas lunch every year as a thank you for all the help we gave him which honestly wasn't much - he didn't really ask for help often.
We are really going to miss him around here but I'm happy that he's going to be able to spend some time fishing and hunting, being with his grandchildren - all of the things he enjoys!

There was cake (I didn't have any).

Jason had Freya for the day, he picked her up from school.
She had dance today and Jason sent me this picture of her tights - he couldn't figure out if the hole went on the top or the bottom of her foot.

Freya knew though and they got it sorted.

He picked her up after dance and they went shopping - freya got new markers.
They went out for supper too and she tested them out - this girl loves to color.

I had a massage today with Crystal.
I love massage day and always look forward to it.

Mom  had an appointment to get her hair cut tonight and she wanted to go with a shorter style.
She picked it out, saved the picture of it on her phone all by herself and showed the stylist what she wanted.
It's very short but I think it looks fantastic.
When Freya and I picked her up, Freya kept telling her she looked like a stranger.

It is so much easier for her to take care of when it's short like this so it will be better for her.

Freya and Jason baked a cake for Hunter - she is always wanting him to come over.
He was busy tonight though so he couldn't come over.

Testing out the cake she made for Hunter.

Freya is spending the night tonight - Jason is taking her to school in the morning then picking her back up and spending the day with her before we head out to Toronto on Friday.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment