Friday 27 October 2023

Got My Hair Did (Oct.19, 2023)

It was cold out today but the sun was shining so I made sure to get out for a walk this morning. 

It's always nice getting some fresh air and I've been so busy trying to catch up on emails since I've gotten back that this was my first chance to do so this week.

Nadine found these cute snowmen made out of the pumpkin wreath forms - too bad I don't have any left!

Today is a rest day but I still hopped on the treadmill after work anyway to get the rest of the steps in that I needed for the day.
I just walked.

Step goal achieved for the day!

Nadine offered to come over and dye my roots for me tonight.
They aren't that bad yet but I figured I'd take her up on it anyway.

I had more candy canes on the go.
She helped me with some of them - putting on the gauze layer.
She quite enjoyed it - found it therapeutic.

I put a grunge stain on some of them - just a mixture of coffee, cinnamon and vanilla.
I'm not sure if I prefer them this way or clean but I'll wait until they dry until I decide.

I tried making a couple of snowmen and a gingerbread man too.
I found patterns online, cut a pattern out on my cricut then cut these out of some scrap fabric that I had hanging around.
It was actually one of those triangle bandages from a first aid kit - we had to replace everything in our first aid kit at work because it was out of date.
I have no idea what makes a triangle bandage out of date but I hated to see it go in the garbage, so I took it home figuring I could use it for crafting and lo and behold, I did.
I used the gauze too for the candy canes so it was a good call.

I tried just glueing these together with the glue gun - not sure if I like how the snowmen turned out so far but I'm digging the gingerbread man.
I put the grunge mix on these too - it was a little too dark for the snowmen so I rinsed some of it back off so now I have to let them dry.

Hopefully once I decorate them up they will look better

I saw this ghost art on and Instagram page I follow, Karin Art Space.
I just thought they were super cute.

Love the glasses on this one.

A little ghostie enjoying a cup of tea.


That's all for today, until next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment