Sunday 1 October 2023

The One Where a Spider Freaked Me the F@#$ Out! (Sep.28, 2023)

Jason is heading out to his parents today to help them split some wood but he went out for his run first and he timed it so that he could do his cool down walk with me.

So he met me down at the office and we went for a walk to the road.
It was really nice out.

He was trying to get some laundry done too before he left and looks like the heating element is out or something.
He checked it to see if lint was built up and he did find some but that didn't fix the issue.
When he gets back from his parents, he will look into it a bit more, hopefully we can fix it.

Meanwhile at the office we had a bbq for lunch and everyone from the field was invited.

I had told Nadine I'd go for lunch but when Bonnie reminded me we were having the bbq, I invited her to come and join us and she did.

It's a rest day for me today from running but I still need to get my 13000 steps in so I went for another walk in the afternoon.

Jason made it to his parents - this is the pile of work - they better get to work.
Ha ha.

When I got home from work I decided I wanted to do some crafting so I had to change into my paint clothes.
I took my shirt off in my bedroom then walked into the ensuite bathroom to get my paint shirt.
Before I put it on I just happened to look in the mirror and there was a huge spider on my stomach.

OMG - IT FREAKED ME OUT!
It was right on my bare skin - no telling how long it had been there and I didn't feel a thing.
I whacked it off with my shirt but then I couldn't find it anywhere on the floor at all so I thought briefly that maybe it had been a figment of my imagination.

But then I saw it in the garbage can and it was still alive.

SEE HOW BIG IT WAS - EEEK!!!!

I tied it up in the garbage bag then put that bag inside another bag and tied that up too before putting it in the big garbage.
Then Jason called (I'd texted him and told him what happened) and he said to put the bag in the freezer.
He said it would kill the spider but then he could have a look at it when he got home and see what kind it was.

All night I kept feeling on myself everywhere and looking everywhere - I couldn't get it out of my head.
Yuck.

I needed a few more steps so I went down on the treadmill to get those done first thing.
It only took 30 min or so.

I'm happy to be done the workout so I look happy but believe my, I was still quite traumatized over the whole spider experience.

I spent the evening finishing up all these spindle parts that I had.
I painted some white, some black, gave them all a coat of wax as a sealer then sanded them all back a bit.
Doesn't look like I got a whole lot accomplished but it took me all evening to do.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment