Wednesday 11 October 2023

Edmonton Trip and Great Fabric Haul (Oct.8, 2023)

Bonnie, Nadine and I were off to the city this morning at 8 am.

Our first stop was Cora's for breakfast because we were all hungry.
I had a veggie egg white omelet with bacon - I can't resist bacon.
I skipped the hashbrowns and only ate the measly fruit I got with it, but it was good and I don't think I did too much damage to my points total for the day.

After that, our first stop was fabricville.

They had soooo much nice fabric.
The had some really good deals too which only apply if you are a member so I broke down and got a membership.
I spent a bit more than I planned but I got so much nice stuff.

This is it all lined up on the table when I got home.

I got mostly Christmas stuff but a few other things.
Some gingham checks, some homespun, some brown corduroy for flower centers and some beige stuff that was only 2 bucks a meter that I can use for some gingerbread I plan on making.

The pink print at the bottom here was only 2.50 a meter so I got 2 meters even though I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with it.

I remember I used to live across the street from a fabric store and I used to be there almost everyday.
It's probably a good thing for my pocket book that the fabric store is 2.5 hours away from me now.

We went to a few other places, Homesense, Michaels, Lowes and Walmart and then it was time for supper.
We found a spot in St Albert that none of us had eaten at before, The Thirsty Rooster.

It was a GORGEOUS day out there so you know we took advantage of that and sat out in their patio area.
Plus the seats out there were far more comfortable than the chairs inside.

Nadine.

Bonnie and I.

We got this pesto/bruschetta pizza for a starter to share and it was really good, especially the dough - I could have eaten just that with no toppings at all.
It was light and fresh and oh so yummy.

I had a salad with chicken on it.
There was cauliflower, broccoli, roasted tomatoes, spinach and cabbage in the salad.
The cabbage was raw and big so a little harder to eat but overall it was an ok salad.

We ordered a brownie with ice cream for us all to share since it was Bonnie's birthday dinner.
I skipped it - really trying to stick to plan - but Bonnie and Nadine both said it was the best brownie they've had.

After that, we pretty much headed back home.
I remember back when we first started going to the city we'd leave at 7 am in the morning and not get home until midnight or later.
I think last time we were home by 8:30 and tonight we were home by 8 but that didn't hurt my feelings any.

Jason was home from work so I got to hang out with him for a bit before we went to bed.
I did have to do a bit of walking around the house to get in the rest of my steps but I did it!

I saw this online today and thought it would so amazing to build for Freya.

Who am I kidding, if I'm being honest, I want this for myself.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment