Wednesday 4 October 2023

Fun Fall Activity (Sep.30, 2023)

We had tickets to go to Prairie Gardens and Adventure Farm at 10:30 today and it is a 2 hour drive away so Morgan and I hit the road at 8:30.
Haylee, Crystal, Freya, Zepplyn and Rita were just behind us.

They have it done up really nicely.

Had to get a picture of the girls there.

We immediately saw a scarecrow walking around - she stayed in character and didn't talk at all - she looked fantastic.

We saw her several times over the course of the day - so had to get a picture of Freya with her.

There were lots of good picture opportunities all over so we definitely tried to make use of them.


The girls at yet another great picture spot.

Had to get one of Morgan by this old truck with all the pumpkins.

Crystal took one too and she used a filter on it that I thought made it look really cool.

There was a little 'concert' by some animatronics.

So the girls watched that briefly.

There were these cool giant rats on the fences nearby.

More crawling up the wall on the other side.

We met up with another character - she had button eyes like Coraline but I don't know if that is who she was meant to be.

There was a petting zoo with animals that you could pet like this cute little goat.

Cute little cones.

They had a kids trike area - I think the girls are a little too old for it now - it didn't hold their attention long.

We all went for a ride on the train.
I sat up front so I could get a picture of everyone.

Then I figured I'd do a selfie just so I could be in the picture too.

There was this cute outhouse we went by.
I like the paintings on the doors.

It went by the sunflowers which are all pretty much done now.
I loved the tree in the back - so pretty.

The corn maze was up and running.
They had this moose peaking out from it (not real of course).

Some of the scenery on the train ride.
They had it done up really well.

There was a crafting station where you could paint a pumpkin.

So the girls got to work.

Freya picked out a nice white pumpkin with this cool curvy stem.

Haylee decided to paint one as well.

Freya cleaned hers all off and started over several times but I think she's finally happy with the color.

Pumpkin painting.

Everyone had different ideas on how they wanted to paint theirs.
Zepp went with black stripes.

Crystal did a beautiful one in shades of blues and purples.

Morgan went for a Beetlejuice themed one with the purple, green and black.

All done.

The finished pumpkins - Freya ended up cleaning hers off one last time so there wasn't much on it when she finished up.

She enjoyed the activity though and that's all that matters.

There was a mini maze that the girls played in for a while.

The old sunflowers.

Met another character - pumpkin lady - she was a lot of fun.

She was going around asking people trivia questions about pumpkins and food and stuff.

You could buy pumpkins there too and there were lots of cool ones.
I really like the warty ones.

I'd never seen ones shaped like these green ones before - I just love the unusual ones.

There were pumpkins displayed all over the place which was nice - really added to the ambience.

Rita and Freya.
There was a little store with a greenhouse in the back.

Market tour.

They had some cool what I would call topiaries.
This was a giraffe.

A lady.

Day of the dead skull.

The girls each picked out treats.

The admission to the park was 21 per adult and 19 for kids and each admission came with a $5.00 coupon that you could use anywhere in the park and the girls used it at the store.

They each got a caramel apple.

Freya also got this chicken toy.

They had these displays at the front of the farm/park that were kind of set up like stores but you couldn't shop in them - they were just themed displays.
They were really well done.

Peter's pumpkin house.

Sitting with the pumpkin head guy.

Zepplyn was trying to discover his secrets.


There was a witch boutique.

Ha ha - loved this little guy.

Caution - witch crossing.

There was this cool tree or bush there with these fuzzy looking ball things on it.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before.

There was a little haunted house there - the girls went through it a couple times.
They are so into all things spooky.

Next up was gem mining.
You had to walk through this building to get there.

Creepy scarecrow/skeleton on the other side.

Some hillbilly scarecrows playing on banjos.

Mining for gems - it's kind of like mining for gold.

Showing me all of the gems she found.

They had so many of these little board things with different things on them for people to take pictures at.

Crystal took this picture of the scarecrow family.
She had a good eye like Jason and takes some really great pictures.

She took this one too - the sign made me laugh - I didn't even notice it while we were there.

Zepplyn just a swinging.

They had these really awesome displays all over the place.

The last activity was playing on the slide.
I think we all really enjoyed it.
We did go there a few years back and I think it had more stuff there at that time but it was still fun - a great little fall excursion.

We decided to head into St Albert to get something to eat and I thought of Socrates so that's where we went.

Freya ordered herself a hot chocolate with whipped cream.
It was cold out there today so a perfect day for a hot chocolate.

It was tasty.

Rita and the girls.
Freya had poutine and look at the heaping plate they brought her.
No way she was finishing that but she made a little dent.

I love this picture of Haylee.
She didn't like it, said she looked like a potato but I think she looks beautiful.

My sweetie and I.

After we ate, we split ways.
They all headed to Costco then they were going to spend the night at Rita's.
Morgan and I went to Michaels, Homesense and the dollar store so I could get the extra roll of orange burlap ribbon that I needed.
Then we headed back home.
We got hoe right around 8 pm.

Over at his parents, Jason had the clay oven fired up and he was cooking some mushrooms up for pizza.

He said he made 7 pizzas - don't they look delicious?

He put a loaf of bread in the oven too since it was still hot - looks like artisnal bread.
Bet it tastes good.

Today was a rest day but still needed my 13,000 steps and I needed to do a bit more walking to reach that so I hopped on the treadmill when I got home.

Only took me 24 minutes to do.


That's all for today, until tomorrow, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment