Friday 27 October 2023

Long Run on the Treadmill - What a Struggle (Oct.22, 2023)

I was able to have a coffee and do some blogging this morning before Freya got up.

When she did get up, she called me to come in the room like she always does and I laid back down with her for a bit.

I'll always take an opportunity to snuggle with her.

She wanted to call Papa so we facetimed with him for a bit.
We got snow today and I had to do an 8 mile run.

It was icy and blustery out there so I didn't want to go outside to do it - I knew it would take me at least 2 hours to do it on the treadmill and I also knew that there wasn't anyway for me to entertain Freya while I was on there so I asked Crystal if I could take her over there for a bit to play with Zepplyn while I did my run - Kody and Haylee had to run to the city so they weren't home.

Crystal of course said no problem so I dropped Freya off then went home and got on the treadmill.
I watched a few episodes of When Calls the Heart while I was on there.

I made it just shy of 5 miles without stopping then I had to stop for a bathroom break and just a break in general.
I was really struggling.
I hadn't really eaten much before I started which was a mistake so I ran up and got a few macaroon bites and some water and then got back at it.

It was really tough to do the 8 miles and there was even a few points where I had to put the speed right down to 3.0 in order to keep going but eventually I did it.

It took me over two hours and it was tough but it's done.

I'm smiling because I'm so happy that I finished.

I had company the whole time.

I went over to pick up Freya but she had fallen asleep so I went back to the house and had a bath.
I must have had the bath water too hot because when I got out I felt terribly faint.
I could barely stand and had to actually lay on my bed and the couch for a bit.
I thought maybe I needed to get some food into me but the thought of it just made me more nauseous.

I ended up having a few crackers and felt a bit better, well enough to go back for Freya.
Both she and Zepplyn came back to the house with me which was great - they kept each other entertained and I just sat and worked on my blog some more because I didn't feel like I had a whole lot of energy to do anything else.

I did make myself a tuna sandwich for supper and then I made Zepp and pickle/cheese and cracker platter.

Freya hopped on the computer while I was making our food - I made her some tuna too, she loves it on crackers.
She loved having the computer and watched YouTube videos on it and Zepp and I just watched them on tv.
She wanted to watch 'finish the tik tok lyrics' and she knew just about all of them - very impressive.

Kody and Haylee came and picked the girls up around 7:15, just before Jason got home so he didn't get to see her which he was kind of bummed about but they were already having a hard time getting her to go and if she'd seen Jason it would have been even tougher so it worked out for the best.

I was really tuckered after the run - it really did me in for some reason.
I ran 12.13 last week so this wasn't even a whole km more but it just did me in so I headed to bed fairly early.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment