Sunday 24 September 2017

He Passed!

Woke up to actual snow this morning, what the $#$^@^!
It's only September!

At least it was warmer out than it was yesterday morning so the sidewalk had already melted.

My Honey can sleep in a little too so the snow on his truck will likely be all melted by the time he has to go anywhere.

I told My Honey that us girls would be coming out for lunch to have the Burger Love special so he got to work making delicious little brie packages.

I made sure to snap a few pics of us girls today and not just the food.
Ms NT may not like his one because she is eating but it is the only one I had.

The selfie of Ms BH & I turned out better.
You can see behind us that a few other folks made it out for lunch too and they both were brave enough to try the burger.

I told the girls at lunch about this blog/journal.
I've been kind of keeping it on the low down around here - for some reason knowing that someone in England or France is reading this is far different than knowing someone close to me is reading it especially seeing as it is kind of like having someone read my diary but I decided that I am ok with it.

I was happy with how the poster turned out.

After work, I went back out to the golf course to help My Honey.
It wasn't golf weather today but we did have a few folks out for the burger.
My mom came out with her friend Ms DM and her grandsons.
We had a family out that is new to town as well.

A pretty good night at that golf course all things considered.
We got home close to 9 and my son was there for a quick visit.

He had his drivers test today to get his GDL.
I am not sure how it works exactly but here in Alberta they have a graduated license.
I think they first get their beginners which they can get at 14.
Then they have a road exam and get the next step of their license.
Then I think they have to wait some time before going back for their full license.
Lots of people wait years to go back for it because it cost $150 for the road test and rumor is that the examiner fails most folks on their first time so she can make extra money.
I have no idea if that is true or not but my son had heard it so he was a little nervous about the test.

I told him just to think positive, he is a good driver and she can't fail everyone.

He was super happy to report that he passed!
Way to go my boy!!!

Paddington has this thing now where he like to crawl up on your shoulders and just hang around your neck.

Then he just cuddles right in, I think he was happy to have My Honey back home!

Ok - Facebook memory popped up today:

This is my grade 7 class picture so taken back in 1984 - 23 years ago.
I am in the back row, 2nd from the left in the blue top.
It was a military town so all of us moved around lots.
I do have lots of them as friends on Facebook which is awesome - We are spread out all over the country so it is a great way to keep in touch and although we may not chat personally, I do love seeing what they are all up to.
I have lots of great memories from my childhood and my time in Greenwood where this picture was taken is where most of them stem from!

Well, that is all for today.
Until next time, be happy!






No comments:

Post a Comment