Sunday 24 September 2017

Congrats to J&M on their Special Day!

We went to Hathaway Diner for breakfast.
It's a great little place Ms BK told us about.
We'd been there once before and really liked it so thought we'd take mom to try it out.
Selfie time with the mama.
There is a bit of a delay when I am taking pictures so I sometimes get these silly poses.

Grabbed a selfie with My Honey too!

They had a pork schnitzel with eggs on special so I gave it a try.
The schnitzel was a little tough but it was ok.
I wanted to save room for dessert anyway so it's probably best that I didn't gobble the whole thing right up.

My Honey had one of his favorites, Eggs Benedict.

Mom went for one of my favorite things - French Toast.

She really enjoyed it - ate the whole thing.

I on the other hand saved some room for this - Limeberry Pie.
It was so worth it too.  
We also got a second piece to go so we could enjoy it tomorrow.

We were invited to a wedding today.
Ms SV's daughter was getting married today.
Her hubby to be worked with us briefly at the golf course too.

We missed the ceremony but I really wanted to make the reception so we did a little shopping to get some things that we needed then headed home.

We went on the back roads to Westlock.
It's a more scenic drive plus there is a Hutterite store along the way.
We were doing good for time so we stopped.

I love how these trees are lining the driveway.
The leaves are hanging on pretty good in most of the trees.

It smelled absolutely delicious in there.
They have pickled goods, hand crafted items, home made sausage and super fresh produce.

They were cooking corn on the cob and gave us each a piece to sample.
That must have been the wonderful aroma we were treated to when we arrived.

My Honey was happy to try a piece 

and so was I.
We had it just as is, no butter or salt & pepper and it was THE BEST corn on the cob that I have ever tasted.
It was sweet and juicy and just fabulous.
We bought a dozen to take home.

Mom bought herself a home made saskatoon berry pie.

Even though we don't get the reds and oranges on the trees like we do back home, it still looks beautiful.
There are so many shades of yellows and greens - it is so pretty.
I want the leaves to stay as long as possible.
The landscape looks so bare when the trees are stripped of the leaves.

We got to the reception not long before supper was served.
The brides son was picking tables to go eat randomly and he picked our table right off the bat which was nice (I think only the head table and the grand-parents ate before us).

The meal was absolutely delicious as usual.
Ms SV (the mother of the bride) was the caterer as well.
Busy, busy lady!
All the salads looked so good that I was wishing I had a larger plate.
It ended up being just enough although I could have went for some more perogies!

The bride & grooms daughter was the flower girl and she had this great dress - I just had to get a picture.
You could tell she just loved it too - she was twirling and prancing about in it as little girls do.
She was happy to pose for me when I asked.

The brides brother was busting a move here to get the couple to kiss.
They had a list of things you could do to get the couple to kiss, like sing a song, tell a story or do a dance.
It was a nice change from the glass clinking although annoying as it is, I like that too.

His moves warranted a really good smooch!

Here is the happy couple enjoying their first dance as husband and wife.
I really wanted to take a nice picture of them together but my phone decided to die right at this point.

It was a nice evening.
We sat with Ms BH - her hubby, JH, had to work late so he couldn't make it but her daughters, their kids and one of their hubbies was there.
It was nice catching up with them and watching the kids dance and have a good time is always fun for me.

The mother of the groom was making a speech and the brides son got up with her to say a few words but got all choked up and couldn't continue.
It was so touching, I think everyone in the place was touched by his emotions.
I know it brought tears to my eyes.

It was a lovely evening and we stayed much longer than we expected.
I wish we hadn't missed the ceremony but it is what it is.

When we got home, we watched a couple episodes of GoT before heading to bed.
We made it to Season 3 and I am still enjoying is just as much as when we started it.

My cousin posted this picture on Facebook today and I just had to share.

This is currently the oldest member of our family (my maternal grandmother) holding the youngest member of our family, my cousins son who was just born earlier this year.

He is a little darling and looks just like his daddy when he was a baby.
I remember when his daddy (my first cousin) was born, another cousin of mine was taking his parents car to Summerside to the hospital and I went with her.
We ended up running into a culvert on the way there because something flew in the car and I think it stung her foot or something.
Luckily neither of us was injured.

Now here he is, the daddy to a little baby of his own.
Sometimes I wish time would slow down but it soldiers on so it's important to enjoy every moment.

That is all for today - until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment