Friday 15 September 2017

Harvest Time

We slept in super late again but it felt so good.
I started reading "Wonder" yesterday and I finished it up this morning in bed.
It was a quick read but a moving story about a little guy with a facial deformity.
It is aimed more at pre teens I think but it would be suitable for anyone to read.
I left it for MIL, I figured she might enjoy reading it herself.
First thing on the agenda for My Honey this morning was to love up on the fur babies.

My auntie sent this picture she took of my Grandmother today to a bunch of us.
So nice to see that huge smile - she looks fantastic.

After a breakfast of fresh fruit and porridge again, prepared for us by MIL (yes she spoils us) we headed out to raid the garden a little.

They have a little crab apple tree they planted for a pollinator and it was polluted with little tiny apples and little tiny bugs.

Just look at all the apples.
We picked a dish full for mom because she likes tart apples and these were kind of on the tart side.

There were so many apples on the tree that it barely looked like we took any when we were done.

Next we headed for the string beans.
I love, love, love these and these plants were just loaded.
We picked ALOT - both green and yellow.

Sam was keeping us company while we picked.

We also got beets, 

tomatoes,

herbs (My Honey is cutting some off the plants at the other side of this little greenhouse).

I snuck a cucumber and ate it while we picked.

We picked some raspberries and fed them to the chickens.
They thought that was great.

Some of our harvest.

We picked a few of another variety of apple for mom too.
My mom sure loves her apples so I am sure she will appreciate them.

We had leftovers for lunch - sausages, 

pizza...

and the best gingerbread cake in the whole wide world.

We got on the road to head home at about 3pm.
It is about a 4 hour drive.
We stopped to get some groceries for a dinner we are doing for a function I have on Tuesday then we hit the road.
The valley in Peace River is so scenic and beautiful.

There is a point when you come around a corner and the view just kind of hits you because you don't expect it.
There seems to be more of an impact when you are arriving but it still looks pretty spectacular leaving too!

We were treated to a rainbow on the way home - you could see the whole arch but it was very faint so this was the best picture I could get.

An old jam of mine came on and took me back to my Dartmouth days.

Tried these for the first time this week.
They are not bad - I haven't been into pop lately so these were a nice light switch up from water.
Not that I have an issue with water - I love my water - just nice to have a bit of a flavored drink sometimes for a switch.

We were going to be getting home late and I didn't want to try to search for supper once we got there so we stopped and had a bite.

I had a burger and sweet potato fries.
It hit the spot and then we were back on the road.

We had to drop some stuff we'd picked up out at the golf course then we had lots of goodies to load into the house so we pretty much just headed to bed when we got home.

We had a very nice weekend.
I was glad we were able to get out and visit the inlaws as it's been some time since I saw them last and I always thoroughly enjoy my visits there.
I wish it wasn't so far away so that we could go more often.

Anyway, that's it for today.

Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment