Monday 25 September 2017

New Orleans Research & Pizza

This was the first weekend in a very long time that neither My Honey nor I had to work or had plans and were home and able to sleep in together.
So we took advantage and slept in rather late.

When we finally did get up, we made coffees then googled You Tube videos of New Orleans.
Things to do and places to eat mainly.
We took lots of notes and it got me even more excited for our upcoming trip.

We leave this coming Saturday and I think we are going to love New Orleans.

My Honey cooked up some of that delicious corn we picked up yesterday for lunch.
I had one ear with butter, salt and pepper but it didn't really even need it.
My second piece I didn't even bother and just ate it as it.
It tasted just as yummy today as it did yesterday.

We spent the day cleaning, organizing, doing laundry and I played catch up with My blog.
It's been a couple days since I had time to sit down and work on it so I was happy to be able to dedicate some time to it today.

My Honey fired up the pizza oven tonight and pizza number one is ready to go in!

I could barely wait for it to rest - it smelled so good I just wanted it in my belly.

Mom picked up this pair for us yesterday at HomeSense.
My Honey really likes them - they are very Halloween-y!

I picked up this kitty to add to my little collection of friends.
It is meant for Halloween but I think I can get away with leaving it out all year round.

Mom also picked this up for my son & his honey at HomeSense.
I thought she might like it.

We stopped down to the store earlier today and I picked up some spinach dip & a loaf of bread - it's not something I normally have but I was craving it for some reason.
It only took a few bites to satisfy that craving then I didn't want anymore.

I was more interested in the pizza fresh from the oven and had two more slices.

We made some donair meat for the Burger Love special coming up this week.
My Auntie A sent me the recipe for it last Christmas and we made donair fingers for the first time.
It is a great recipe and tastes just like the Halifax style donair meat that I am used to.

My Honey made a pizza with fig and blue cheese so I had to try a slice of it as well.
It was really good - the fig was much sweeter than I was expecting.

I called them to let them know that mom had a little gift for them so they stopped by for it and joined us for some pizza.

Still pumping out pizzas!
I think he made 8 in total so lunches are taken care of for the next few days.

We bought this cat perch for Professor Snuggles and he never sits in the top perch but Paddington seems to like it.

I looked over later and Paddington was in one of the cubby holes.
The Professor has never gotten into one of them so I was happy to see that this cat tree is actually being used!

My cousin SS in Calgary posted this old family photo today.

This is my fathers side of the family and probably the only picture ever with all of us in it.
My meme (grandmother) and one of my Auntie's in this picture passed away years ago and we aren't as close as my mom's side of the family is.
I do wish I'd had more time with my meme.
I wish it wasn't so - I love all of them and wish we were closer but we follow each other and keep in touch through Facebook so at least that's something!

I am the one in the front with the pink dress making some kind of silly face. 
It is a fun picture and to think all the children in this picture are grown now and most of us have children of our own now!

I have decided that even though we are heading out on vacation next Saturday, I am going to follow the Weight Watchers plan to a tee all of this week.
I won't lie and say that I will follow it while on vacation but I do plan on being active and I will get right back on track the day I get back.

I am feeling like I can conquer this thing and it's time to get the train back on the tracks.

Until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment