Monday 18 September 2017

Happy Birthday August Girls!


Woke up to more frost on the ground - Yuck!
I wish it could be summer and fall isn't so bad but I really don't like winter.
It's cold, it takes longer in the morning for the sun to come up then when it finally does, it doesn't stay as long.
I was having the family over for a birthday dinner.
There were three birthdays in August that we missed getting together for because everyone was so busy so we are finally making up for it today.
I had to make a birthday cake and I opted to make the Banana Sour Cream cake that is a hit with our family.
The recipe in on the Kraft Canada website and it is so moist, delicious & easy that we make it often.

It calls for a golden cake mix which they did not have here at the store so I got chocolate thinking chocolate banana cake might be pretty good.

Fresh out of the oven and smelling oh so good.

Ground beef was on sale so I picked some up to make supper.
I wasn't sure what to make so I had mom pick between meatloaf, sheppard's pie, spaghetti & meatballs and lasagna.
As you can see, she chose lasagna.
I made garlic bread and Caesar salad to go with it.

I did some yard work in the afternoon that I'd been wanting to get done.
I cleaned up all my potted plants - threw away the dead plants and dumped all the soil into a big barrel to use next year.
It felt good to get it done but I was pretty filthy when I finished so I had a quick bath before everyone showed up.


Got the cake iced with my favorite - cream cheese icing and Miss A added some edible confetti when she arrived.
My son & my brother got called out to work for supper so we had to go ahead and start without them.
My niece ended up having to work as well so she couldn't make it either.

My dad called to try to catch us all at the same time but he ended up only being able to chat with a couple of us.
It is always great to hear from him.

Miss a was happy with Nanny's supper choice.

We convinced Mr H to have a couple of bites as well but he was pretty busy running around and checking things out.
He hasn't been here for awhile so he had to reacquaint himself.

Mom was happy with her choice to and actually had TWO pieces of lasagna!

My one brother was able to make it which was nice.
My Honey was at work too so we were a little short on male family representatives.

.
Miss A got something on her lip and insisted I take a picture.

Miss A and her mom were 2 of the birthdays that we were celebrating.
My son's Honey, Miss H was the other but she had to work and couldn't make it either.
Look at the goofy little grin on Mr.H - looks like he is about to get up to some mischief.

Putting the candles on the cake was very serious business.

Happy Birthday Miss A


We lit all the candles so we could sing Happy Birthday and take a few pictures but they had then blown out before I even got my camera out!

Selfie with the kiddos!

We got Miss A a new outfit.
It looked comfy and cozy and she had to try the top on right away.
I got the rest of them tickets to the dinner theatre for birthday presents.
Figured spending time together doing something like that would be fun and my brothers and SIL have never been to one before.
I am really looking forward to it.

I got out the super hero magnets the kids made for their parents and Mr Busy was super proud of his.

Wasn't long before she had the bottoms of her new outfit on too!

My brother & son ended up getting off a bit earlier than expected so stopped by afterwards for some supper and a visit.
Mom's friend Ms DM also stopped by with some baked goods to treat us and she stayed and visited for a bit too.
She brought some cinnamon roll cake that she made and it was divine!

Before the kiddos left we took them outside and lit some sparklers.
Mr H was a little timid at first.

They really enjoyed them.

Wasn't long before they were spinning them around like old pros.
I love his little rubber boots.
My Honey took these awesome shots with his camera (mine doesn't work that great in the dark).

Everyone left not long after the sparkler fun.
My Honey & I were going to watch the last episode of GoT in Season Two but it was taking forever to load on the Apple TV so we gave up.

He went to bed and played a little Candy Crush before heading there myself.

It was a nice day - I love being with my family and having them over is always a treat.

That's it for today.
Until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment