Friday 29 September 2017

Kiddos for the Evening

Started my day off with a bowl of deliciousness, All Bran cereal, bananas & strawberries!
Yum Yum!

It was a busy day at work.
I started early to train a couple of the guys on our new timesheet program that is starting up soon.
Then I worked through lunch to train a few more of them.
Our wonderful boss Mr.BL bought subs from Subway for us for lunch.
I forgot to take my phone to the meeting with me so no picture but they were super good.
I used to go to Subway frequently but haven't been in a long, long time because the quality seemed to going down but not the case today.

I did take a few minutes today to post our Burger Love Special for tomorrow.
My Honey sent me one of his little write ups that he is so good at, here it is:
Finally! Halifax's favorite drunk food meets a glorified sandwich made famous by a creepy spokes-clown. The Donair Burger has slow roasted Donair meat, sliced & grilled on top of an all beef patty with chopped tomato, onion and lettuce and your choice of delicious garlic dill sauce or the appalling, unholy sweet sauce (my personal favorite )! Come out and try this abomination today!

As you can tell, he is team garlic dill sauce and I am team sweet sauce.
I think the sweet sauce is more of an East Coast thing which is where I would have picked it up.
I have always been a big lover of sweet & savory being mashed together.
He made a homemade garlic dill sauce that was divine though.
I could have had either and been perfectly happy!


I then left work a little early and raced home so I could watch the kiddos for a bit.
SIL had to go to work and my brother was already at work but expecting to be home late.

I cooked up some of that awesome corn we picked up on the weekend and Mr.H actually ate some.

I think he was quite intrigued by the corn holders.

They are little energizer bunnies.
I am not really sure where I got them from but I have had them for years.

Miss A was happy to have nice soft bread with her supper.
She is a bread fiend that one!

Everyone looks so sad but really I just caught them off guard.
They were busy eating.

Supper for me.
Still trying to eat up the left over macaroni from the other day.
This corn was so good that I didn't even bother with butter, salt & pepper.

She was thrilled to have strawberries and whipped cream for dessert.

He was only thrilled about the whipped cream!
I think he ate most of his bowl in one bite!

You know it's good when you have to lick the bowl.

He was watching in the window for My Honey to come home.
He was pouting a little here because he still didn't see him.

I lured him with an ipad game to cuddle with me on the couch.
Paddington wanted in too!

Paddington was watching the screen just as intently as Mr. H.

Paddington would cuddle into him and he would go "Awww" and hug him.
It was just darling.

Then My Honey got home and everything became about him.
I love how the kids love him so much.

and this could possibly have something to do with it.
He picked up toy bow & arrows for them last time he was in the city.
The bow was dropped almost immediately but he had a lot of fun licking he suction cups on the arrows and sticking them to the end table.

I mashed up some strawberries, added some fat free french vanilla coffee cream and called it dessert.
Really great combo, by the way!

I am still really sticking to the Weight Watchers plan and tracking what I am eating.
Proud of myself, that is 3 days now.

The kiddos were here until after 9 pm so I didn't accomplish too much else but it doesn't matter.
I am always happy to have a chance to spend time with them, the other stuff that needs doing can wait.

We headed to bed not much later.

Until next time, be happy!







No comments:

Post a Comment