Saturday 16 September 2017

The Poutine Burger!


I was up and on the road early again this morning.
Took a quick shot before I got on the road - I was happier than looked here.
I actually enjoyed my drive in - I listened to the comedy stations and a few of the comics had me laughing out loud.
Sometimes they aren't so great but I lucked out this morning!

I went straight to the office and got there basically just in time for my meeting.
I was training a couple girls on the new Safety program we are implementing.
It was very informal and we had the whole day booked but I didn't expect it would take very long at all.
They had lots of questions for me though and so it took us until early afternoon.
Some of the other ladies in the office joined us for lunch which was nice.
They are my colleagues but I don't really get to see them in person much.
After our meeting we chatted for a bit which was nice.




I then had another meeting with some folks from Calgary who were down to train a few of us on a new timesheet program that is being implemented.
That took us right to the end of the day.

They invited me to join them for supper and I accepted but first I went and checked in at the hotel.

My home away from home for the night.

It was really chilly in there so I turned up the heat and got in under the covers to warm up for a bit.

We went for supper at Original Joe's and I had the Brussel sprouts and a beef dip.
It was delicious.
I didn't take any pictures because I felt really strange doing it in front of people that I don't really know.
Supper was nice - we did lots of chatting.
It's always so good to get to know work folks in a different setting.
They were telling me all about the cut throat corporate setting they work in and it made me truly greatful for our little office!

They are foodies too and one of the ladies was busy trying to order a deep dish pizza from Chicago for her boyfriend. - What a cool gift idea.
The other lady told me about a restaurant south of Calgary called Longview Steakhouse that she highly recommended.
She also told me about a website called Viator where you can buy tours and things when travelling.
I am going to check both of those things out when I get home.

When I got back to the hotel, my plan was to get caught up on blogging/journaling, because I have been falling behind.
The internet was super slow though so I worked on getting pictures uploaded and watched a marathon of The Little Couple which I am so excited to see is finally coming back.

I've missed Bill, Jen, William and Zooey!

I was so busy last night that I forgot all about Burger Love for this week.
I had an idea but I didn't have a chance to try it out.
My Honey is back to his real job but I had him call to the golf course and explain to Miss MK how to make one.
She did (she's a super worker) and she took a picture and sent it to me so I could get it posted on social media.
I got My Honey to think up the write up to go with it and usual he did not disappoint.
Here it is:
Suffering from low cholesterol? Don't worry, our Poutine Burger will get those pesky LDL's climbing faster than your doctor can yell "Code Red!!" A match made in French-Canadian heaven with french fries, mozzarella cheese and gravy over a fresh all beef patty served with a side of deep fried pickles chips.

He really has a way with words!

He sent me this picture too - this is what he arrived home too.
Paddington is turning out to be such a little cuddle bug.
I am so thankful that I calmed down and gave him a chance - he really is a great addition to our family!

I cruised Facebook for awhile this evening too and as usual some awesome memories popped up.


This is from back in 2011 so 6 years ago.
My cousin and her family came for a visit and we took a trip to Banff.
It was my first time there.
The scenery is absolutely breathtaking.

It was an awesome trip - I loved having them here!

This was from 2013.
I signed up My Honey, my niece Miss M and myself for a Color Run in Saskatoon.
There was a little Mexican place there that had been on You Gotta Eat Here called EE Burritos and we had to check it out.
We ordered a little bit of everything.
I wasn't sure at the time if it was such a great idea to eat so much Mexican food the night before a run but it ended up working out ok.

Well that's it for today.
Until next time, be happy!






No comments:

Post a Comment