Wednesday 6 September 2017

Growing Family Pains

Well, I woke up to cats fighting and my anxiety about it was through the roof.

I googled whether or not cats could really hurt one another and right off the bat and article came up about how they could kill each other and that you shouldn't leave them alone at first so I was instantly on high alert.

I was second guessing my decision, feeling horrible that we had brought essentially a bully to Professor Snuggles home as Paddington seemed to be the one instigating all the fights.

I called My Honey and was on the verge of tears.
I knew if I called the pet store or the animal rescue agency they would make me feel guilty and I wanted My Honey to do it.
I basically decided that as much as I wanted to help Paddington out, he would simply have to go back and we would have to stay a one cat household.

I also learned that anxiety leads me to over eat and to lose all my motivation.
All I did most of the day was worry, snack and watch over the cats constantly.

I finally worked up the courage to call the animal rescue agency (WHARF) that we had gotten Paddington through.

As suspected, they tried to talk me into giving it some time.
They assured me that they wouldn't harm each other, at least not critically and that it was normal behaviour.

They also suggested that I not separate them but leave them to work things out on their own.
I was just not having any of it and told them I was too uncomfortable and wanted to bring Paddington back.
They reluctantly agreed and told me to just take him back to the pet store.

Then funnily enough, after I had spoken to them and made arrangements to take him back, I started feeling better.
They really weren't fighting that much and my anxiety about the whole thing started easing off.

So currently, Paddington is still here and although they are still having a few scuffles here and there, things might actually work out.


We are giving it until Wednesday when My Honey starts his days off.
If they are still fighting horribly, My Honey has offered to take him back.
I would feel so guilty and full of shame for returning him that him offering to do that has really eased my mind about the whole thing.

He is a really pretty kitty!

I ended up not getting much done at all today.
I did decide to make BLT's for supper so I picked up some bacon to go along with the other ingredients that I already had at home.
I picked up a huge bag of very ripe tomatoes yesterday at Walmart for $1.00 on the clearance rack so I need to use them up.

Bacon always smells so good when it is cooking.

I bought some nice rye bread

Made some tomato soup to go with and supper was a hit.

I also saw this easy recipe for pumpkin rolls online so I decided to give them a go as I love all things pumpkin.

I picked up the ready made croissant dough

and a can of pure pumpkin.
I added brown sugar, grated nutmeg, cinnamon and ginger.

I rolled them up the wrong way but oh well.

I got them into the oven, I was hoping they would puff up and fill the pan in a bit more like the video for the recipe showed.
They did somewhat.
They don't look as pretty but.....
they tasted pretty darn delicious, especially with a dollup of whipped cream.


I have been watching for these at the grocery store and they finally had some back in stock today.
They are, in my opinion, they best chocolate cover ice cream bars that I have had.


When My Honey got home we watched another episode of Game of Thrones then it was off to bed.
I was feeling quite tired - probably from being so anxious and on edge today.
The two kitties are still scrapping a bit and I didn't feel comfortable leaving them together for the night so we took Professor Snuggles in our room with us again for the night.

Hoping they get along a bit better tomorrow.

I ended up not working out at all today - in fact, I didn't get much movement in at all.
You know how the song goes though "mama said there'll be days like this".
No sense beating myself up over it, tomorrow is a new day, fresh slate.

Until next time, be happy!







No comments:

Post a Comment