Sunday 24 September 2017

Downton AbbeyRoad

The weather was looking up a little today - no snow on the ground when I got up!

Mr BN sent me a picture of his seafood platter that he is currently enjoying in PEI.
It looks so delicious, whole clams too!

 I had to do some training with some of the operators over lunch so our awesome boss, Mr BL ordered us in pizza for lunch.
Yum Yum!


Then My Honey sent me a picture of his lunch too just to round things out.
He made himself a Blue Moo and it looks pretty darn good.
If I hadn't just eaten 2 slices of pizza I probably would have gotten him to make me one too.

We had tickets to the dinner theatre tonight so I worked through lunch so I could leave a little early.
Mom drove in early today with my brother and MS MH - they had some errands to take care of so they left really early in the day.

The rest of us rode in together when I got off work.
Love spending time with all of these special people in my life!

Even though we were heading to a dinner theatre our first stop at West Edmonton Mall was the food court.
I was getting my camera ready to take a picture of my delicious crepe when I noticed this cool light above me.
It looked so neat that I had to snap a selfie.

Miss HC was talking about a crepe in the truck and it sounded so good that I got one as soon as we got to the mall.

My Honey never passes on an opportunity to have some noodle soup.

Miss HC had a crepe too!
I love watching them make them, it's so cool.
They make it look so easy but I am sure it is not.

Soon after we ate we met the others at the dinner theatre.
The show we were seeing was Downton AbbeyRoad.
It was the characters and setting of the show Downton Abbey with songs by the Beatles.
I figured it had a little bit of something for everyone.

My brother & my mama.
She has been to a dinner theatre before and so have My Honey & I but it was a first time for everyone else.

My boy and his girl.

My Honey & I.

My brother & his girl, Ms MH.
I thought getting together to do something like this would be a nicer birthday gift than just a shirt or something and I was really hoping that everyone enjoyed themselves.

It got off to a rough start when My boy ordered a beer and was ID'd.
He'd just discussed it in the vehicle on the way too.
They took his license the other day when he passed his test and gave him a temporary one until his new one comes but it doesn't have a picture on it.
He was worried they might ID him if he ordered a drink but I assured him he would be fine.
Long story short, I was wrong.
They wouldn't serve him alcohol without a picture ID even though he is 25 so he was a little bummed about that.
Not so much about the beer but I think maybe it just embarrassed him.
I was anxious that he wouldn't let it go and it would ruin his night but he got over it.

The started salad was really tasty.
It was pretty plain & basic but it did have this cool looking watermelon radish.
It looked so pretty but tasted a little bitter for my liking.

I had the salmon...

My Honey had the roast beef.
It was really good - I think I am going to have it next time.
I really liked the salmon but I love horse radish and it goes way better with beef.

I opted for Lady Mary's Birthday cake for dessert.
It had a cookie dough crust and was really yummy.

My Honey had the tuxedo cake.

I got our waitress to take our picture at the end of the night.
Everyone enjoyed themselves so it was a great success!
My brother said he'd like to go back again so that made me happy.

My son was even singing aloud at the end when they were encouraging audience participation which surprised me but I also thought it was wonderful.

One of the actresses in the show tonight has been in a few of the shows that we have seen now.
She is a fantastic singer - she can just belt out the tunes and she has such great control over her voice.
She is pretty amazing.

My Honey, my mom & I all headed to a hotel - we were staying in the city for the night.
The rest of them headed home.

I am so glad we did it and can't wait for us all to go in and do it again.

When we were driving in to the city today I was cruising Facebook and some memories popped up that I wanted to share as always.

This was taken in about 1990/91.
I was about 18 and this was my best friend at the time.
She was my roommate when I got my first apartment ever.
We sure had a lot of good times together.
She is still back in Nova Scotia but we are friends on Facebook so I get to see what she is up to.

These ones are from a weekend trip My Honey & I took
This was Sept 22, 2012
We took a trip to Vegreville to see the giant egg.


We also went to Mundare which is know for it's sausage.
So they built this giant sausage in honor of that but it kind of has a striking resemblance to something else.
Can you guess what that something else is?

It made us giggle.

We enjoyed our little weekend excursion.
We love going on adventures and trips to new places.
We can't always get on a plane and fly to somewhere far away but there are really awesome things to explore right here in a backyard if you only just go and look for them.

I enjoy these little weekend trips when we just hop in the truck and go explore just as much as I enjoy the ones where we plan in advance and pack up and fly off to.

Anyway, that is all for today.
Until next time, be happy! 









No comments:

Post a Comment