Friday 15 September 2017

Off to The In-Laws

I tried to get to work a little earlier today so I could head out early as we decided to head to the inlaws for a visit.

I made myself a sausage with all the yummy fixings for lunch.
I added some coleslaw that I had on hand and it was the perfect addition.

After I finished up at work, we got on the road.

I needed a pee break so we stopped at a store and we picked up some snacks for the road.
Spicy California Rolls were the perfect thing!

We drove past this field of sunflowers and it was so pretty that My Honey turned around so we could go back and take some pictures.

It really does the soul good to stop and smell the flowers sometimes.

My MIL had supper ready for us when we arrived.

She made this yummy potato casserole.
It was similar to scalloped potatoes but a little spicier and not as creamy.
It was perfect.

There was also greek salad

Corn on the cob fresh from the garden and chicken rounded everything out and made for a delicious meal.

There was a Saskatoon berry dessert with whipped cream - not too sweet - just a perfect finish to supper.

Afterwards we took a walk to the end of the road as the sun was setting.
We were seeing lots of animal poops along the way so I was a little nervous but I tried not to let it show.

There we are!

There's Lily enjoying her own chair.
I sit in it lots when we are visiting and as soon as I get up, she usually is claiming it back right away!
I don't blame her, it's comfy and it is hers afterall!

She just loves My Honey (the feeling is mutual).

Look at how adoringly she gazes at him!
So cute!

My MIL was telling me how good this book was so I am going to pick it up to read.
I didn't want to forget.

After supper and catching up, we watched an episode of GoT with MIL.
It was her first time watching so we had to do lots of pausing to explain and catch her up but I think she liked it.

Then we headed off to bed.

That's all for today.
Until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment