Friday 15 September 2017

WCSS Spill Exercise

I had to stop by the office to grab a few things then I was on the road by 6am.
I had an hours drive ahead of me and needed to be there by 7am.

Things got started pretty much on time this morning.
The first half of the day was spent in a conference room going over presentations then we headed out to the lake before lunch.

Everyone is in their gear and ready for the exercise to get started.
We were there a little earlier than expected so we got the dryland deployment out of the way before we had lunch.

Ms SV brought lunch out to us there but as we were setting up we realized that because of a misunderstanding we had no bowls to serve the chili in.
She headed to town to pick some up and I was going to just join back into the exercise presentation but someone had other plans for me. 

This guy!!!

He was very determined to get some lunch for himself.

Very brave too, came right up to me.
So it ended up that I had to stay and guard the food.
He kept running around in circles and trying over and over again.
It's a good thing he didn't have a friend, there's no way I would have been able to keep my eye on two of them.

I finally caved and threw him a bun which kept him busy for a time but eventually he was back again.
I had to stomp my feet and kind of shout at him then he would run up the tree nearby and get out on a branch and natter angrily at me for a few minutes.
Then he would try again.
It was entertaining but I was thankful when Ms SV got back with the bowls and we could get lunch served.

We got lots of compliments on the chili so that was nice.

This is just a shot of them deploying some of the equipment.

I'd been to this lake once or twice in the past but never right down to the lake.
This would be a great place for us to come kayaking if we ever buy ourselves kayaks.
Might have more incentive to now that I know there is a place not too far away that we could actually get some use out of them.

It has lots of very pretty walking trails too.

The exercise lasted until 3:30 then I headed straight to the golf course for men's night.

My Honey ditched the battered fish and ended up making bbq chicken, funeral potatoes (Ree Drummond style) jalapeno baked beans and green and yellow beans.

It was a pretty fabulous dinner.

It wasn't super busy and they had a handle on things there so I headed home a little early.
I have to go in to our St.Albert office for some training tomorrow and am staying the night in there so I needed to get home and pack.
It has been a super busy week.

I got a few loads of laundry done then I relaxed for a bit in a nice hot bath.

My Honey and I did sneak in an episode of GoT when he got home and then it was off to bed as I had another early start in the morning.

I had a few good memories pop up on Facebook today (I really enjoy this feature on Facebook)

I think this was about 2 years ago at a little bbq place in Edmonton that had been featured on "You Gotta Eat Here" - Sloppy Hogs Roes Hus.
I think the sandwich was bigger than my head.

We had searched it out and after we ate, we discovered a street festival going on right outside so that was a nice treat.

It was a great day.

Until next time, be happy!


No comments:

Post a Comment