Tuesday 12 April 2022

Slime Disaster (Apr.9, 2022)

I was thinking that Freya would sleep in this morning and I would have an hour or so to work on my blog before she got up but she ended up waking up while Jason was getting ready for work and she was out of bed before I was.

She didn't want him to go to work (neither did I), but alas, he had too.

He suggested she come to work with him but she told him that she was too little to go to work.

Unfortunately the weather forecast was right and we woke up to snow.

Yuck!

I can't believe that it's April 9th and my doorstep is covered in snow.

It was cold and windy out there too.

Mom and Dad have decided that it is time for the bubba to go so these might be the last pictures of her with it.

It will be sad to see it go, means she is growing up, but I respect their decision and I do believe it is time.

She really loves it though.

I've been preparing her for it to be gone.

Told her when we go to WCT today she can pick out a new special cup and then when we get home, it will be time for the bubba to go in the garbage.

She's agreeing so far but might be another story when it actually happens!

We made eggs for breakfast together.

She came up with the new seating.

Just look at that cute little face - I love it so much.

Her hair was tangles and I really wanted to wash it but she wouldn't let me so instead I convinced her to let me put it in a bun - it looks so good when it's up.

Mom, Freya and I went for a trip to WCT.

We stopped at the second hand store and got all kinds of clothes for Freya.

She picked out a bunch herself.
We found 4 bathing suits, one with a built in life jacket, a jean jacket, a cute hat, several dresses, tank tops and short sleeve tops.

She also got some toys and mom got herself a few puzzles.
I left with a few books so it was a really great haul.

We hit up Walmart next and we just had a loaded cart.
Freya kind of took off while I was unloading it onto the belt so I chased her all the way to the back before I caught up with her.
Little bugger.

Kody and Haylee wanted us to pick up food for them so I told them to call in an order and after gassing up, stopping by the vet for cat food and at McDonald's for a happy meal for Freya we picked it up.

They ordered from Swan Pizza and I asked them to get a cheese pizza for me too - Jason is doing his vegetarian week so I wanted him to be able to have some too.

As I was unloading everything when we got home, Freya kept asking for her dresses.
When I finally brought in all the clothes we'd picked up for her at the second hand store, she immediately dumped them in the middle of the living room and started trying them on.

I would have taken some pictures but my phone needed to be recharged, Freya had watched videos all the way to WCT and back.

Haylee snapped this shot, Freya discovered how fun it is to throw her slime on the ceiling and let it drop off.

It didn't all drop off unfortunately, my ceiling now looks like this.
I have no idea how I'm going to get it off.

Needless to say, after this, the slime went into the garbage and I don't think we'll be having any more in the house any time soon.

The kids stayed for supper then headed home for a cuddle puddle.
Ha ha.
That's what Kody calls it when they hang out together for the night and watch movies.

I still had to run 5 miles or 8 km but I wanted my belly to settle for a bit as I did eat about 4 slices of pizza.

It wasn't very nice outside today so treadmill it was today.
The cat had knocked over my tv in the basement and I thought it was fine but when I turned it on to watch it for my workout, I discovered that it was not.

I really wasn't crazy about having to run for an hour on the treadmill with nothing to occupy my mind but I just turned on my music and got started.

It took me about an hour but I got the 5 miles done.

Sweaty selfie.


Video check in for today.

Jason was home by the time I finished up.

We watched a bit of tv, tried to watch Rachel Maksy's latest post but couldn't make it through, I was just too tired so we turned it off, and I headed to bed.
We'll finish it another time.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment