Tuesday 12 April 2022

Bye Bye Bubba, Baby Girl is Growing Up (Apr.8, 2022)

It's Friday - my favorite day of the week!

We got the local paper at work and when I walked by it at work this morning, I noticed Alivia had made the front page.

She won first place in a poster contest at school and I'm not surprised at all honestly, she is a very talented artist!

I was late getting out for my lunch today by a couple hours.

I was going to just work until the end of the day then leave an hour early to make up for it but I really wanted to get out for a run and I was afraid it might turn cold so I decided to just head out and get it done.

It was a gorgeous day out there - hard to believe they are calling for snow this weekend!

I got my 5 km's done.

Kody, Haylee and Freya were out walking and I met them a couple times on my run.
Freya really wanted to come home with me and I felt so bad that I couldn't let her but I did have to go back to work.
I told her I'd come get her right after work for a sleep over though!

My average heart rate was 154 bpm.

My average pace and splits.
7.08 is not bad, especially combined with the lower heart rate.

Video check in.

Haylee tagged me in a post.
The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra is doing the music of Harry Potter.

So I looked up right away what the dates were and there are a few.

Luckily Jason is off on the 27th and 28th so it looks like we might try to go.

Right after work, Haylee, Kody and Freya all came over.
The kids wanted me to do their taxes.

I felt really bad when I did because they both have to pay in this year which really sucks.
Not much to be done about it though.

When they came in, Freya wanted me to come to the kitchen where she asked me (in a whispering voice) to get her a bubba.

So I did and as soon as I gave it to her, she put it behind her back, went out to her mom and dad and tauntingly says to them 'guess what I have'.

Then she showed them the bubba.

Apparently they've been trying to ween her off of it but I had no idea.

I should have known something was up when she was whispering!

They understood that I didn't know but I did tell them that after tonight, I'll get on board with their plan.


When Jason got home, Freya wanted him to go to the basement with her and when they came back up a bit later, he was carrying a basket full of laundry.

It was actually just Freya of course.

She's always thinking up new games for them to play and if he has to carry her around all the better in her mind!

He picked her up by the feet and she just thought that was the best thing ever so then he had to do it over and over.

It was so funny, she was flopping around like a little fish.

After playing for a little bit, she actually asked if we could go to bed.
She must have been really tired because she's never done that before.
She sat with me on the couch and immediately fell asleep.
I was tired and Jason is working in the morning so we just decided to call it a night too.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment