Tuesday 12 April 2022

Goodwich, Good Pizza, Arts District then Farewell Las Vegas, Until Next Time (Apr.4, 2022)

Well we've come to the end of our trip unfortunately.

I am so going to miss this lovely weather.

We don't actually fly out until 6 pm tonight so we do have a bit more time in Vegas today.

 

My marathon training schedule called for a rest day today but I did want to get my 1 mile run in so I got out first thing to get that done.

I just did kind of an out and back and I ended up doing 2 km.

My average heart rate was much lower than normal, only 150 bpm.
I was taking it pretty easy.

My average pace and splits.

Video check in for my last run of vacation.

I finished up right by the gondolas at the Venetian.
I think it is so pretty here.

I've always wanted to go for a ride on the gondolas but haven't done it yet.
Maybe next time.

There really is a lot of amazing things to see here on the strip.

I'm going to miss having this nice weather to run in.
Hopefully spring will have made her arrival when we get home.

I headed back to the room, packed up and met everyone else in the lobby.
Check out time was 11 but I think we were all out by 10:30.
We loaded our luggage into the van then headed out for breakfast.

I had been wanting to check out this place ever since I saw it on a YouTube vlog and they have breakfast options so that is where we headed.
The Goodwich.

It was kind of a funky place inside.

I got the Patty Melt which is what the vlogger had.
It looked so good and it was but not as good as what Jason had.

He had the Reuben and it was fantastic.
Next time we are in Vegas I will be going back for one!

We shared a salad and it was delicious too.

Nadine had croissant french toast and she liked it so much that she had Karl go back and order her a second helping.
I'm glad she liked it.

There is a new art district in Vegas that I've not seen before so we kind of drove around there and checked it out.
Bonnie's feet were very swollen so she couldn't do much walking.

We were right by Good Pie which is another pizza place Jason wanted to try so we figured why not while we had the chance.
He popped in there and got a few slices for us to try.

The art all around was cool - reminded me of Miami.

It would have been nice to walk around and check it all out - another time, I'm sure we'll be back.

Time passed pretty quickly and soon enough we were heading to the car rental place to drop off the van.

From there we caught the shuttle to the other car rental spot then the shuttle from there to the airport.
Bonnie and June.

Nadine and Karl.

Jason and I.

There is a new Arrive Can app that they recommend you fill out before flying back to Canada but the website says that it isn't mandatory so Jason and I and Bonnie and June had filled ours out but Nadine and Karl did not.

Jason and I were first at the check in counter and they asked for it first thing so I asked if you had to have it and she said yes, you couldn't fly without it.

So after we got checked in, I went back in the line up and madly tried to get their set up and filled in.
We had to let 2 groups pass them in the line up but I was able to get it done for them.
Thank goodness.

We headed through security next and Bonnie and June came through right away but Nadine and Karl were taking forever.

She had picked up lamps and they were carrying the shades as carry on and they got caught in the xray machine then fell in behind and Karl went back there to get them so there was a huge to do about that when the agents noticed.

They thought he was trying to steal something so they wanted to search him and they did it thoroughly.

So a bit of a hiccup but all was ok in the end!

Jason had splurged and gotten us the seats at the front of the plane again so it was a nice comfortable trip home.

So long Vegas, until next time.

When we landed in Edmonton it was just after 10.
The hotel we left the car at provides a shuttle service to and from the airport but we didn't know how long it would take so we just got a cab over to pick up the car.

We stopped and gassed up and got some snacks for the road then we headed home.

We saw a LOT of deer on the way home.
It was about 1:45 when we pulled into the driveway.

Jason has the day off tomorrow but I have to work and we officially started back at the office this week.
I should have taken the day off tomorrow but I'd rather suck it up then waste a vacation day.

I unpacked my suitcase when I got home since I had damp work out clothes in there so I'd say it was around 2:30 by the time I hit the hay.

Going to be a rough day tomorrow but I'll manage.
It was a wonderful trip so totally worth it and now I can't wait until our next trip.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment