Friday 22 April 2022

Dentist, Easy Run and New Hair Curler Contraption (April 21, 2022)

 It was a busy morning.

I had a dentist's appointment in WCT at 11:30 and it's an hours drive away so I headed there at 10:3..

It was just a checkup and a cleaning - all was good.

I love going to the dentist and getting my teeth cleaned.

I had brought my running gear with me as I hoped to get out for a run while I was there, just for a change of scenery but I also had a few stops to make and once I finished those I wanted to get back to the office.

I worked a bit late to make up for the time I missed then as soon as I got home, I headed out for my run.

It had warmed up to a nice balmy 5 degrees C out there and the snow was melting - yay!

I had a 4 mile or 7 km run on the training schedule for today.
I have to admit something, I've been adjusting my run route to avoid having to run up a couple of the hills in town that I find hard.
I shouldn't be doing that - the hills are hard but they are good for training so I am going to stop doing that starting tomorrow!

After watching The Running Channel vlog yesterday about keeping your heart rate down I decided to try that today.
I normally don't pay attention to my heart rate or pace during a run, I just run.
I look at it after to see how I've done but I don't really have a goal so I never look during a run and adjust it.
So today, I made a point of trying to keep my heart rate down (or what felt like down to me as I don't actually know what it is while I'm running).
If I felt like I was going to hard I'd either try to slow myself down or take shorter, smaller steps.
It looks like it worked, my average heart rate for today was 153 bpm.
Also, I enjoyed the run much more.

I was expecting it to have much more of an effect on my average pace and splits but 7.06 is still pretty good in my newbie opinion.

I think I'm going to try to really pay attention to how my heart rate feels for the next few runs and try to keep it down - just because.

I need to learn how to update thumbnails - my videos all seem to choose the worst possible point to use for the video.
Anyway....

It took me 50 minutes to run the 7 km.

When I got home, I had a nice long, hot bubble bath.

It felt wonderful too.

I decided to test out this new curling rod I bought.
It's just a long foam roller that you put on top of your head and clip on with a clip.

Then you just take your hair and wrap it around it.

It was a little hard to wrap it around but once I got a few pieces to stay it got easier.
It comes with a couple of scrunchies that you put on the ends to hold the hair in place.

Not sure how the top is going to turn out but I'm going to give it a try.
You have to leave it in for a few hours, until the hair dries, so I'm just going to leave it in overnight.
Not sure how it will be to sleep in but I'll report back.

Morgan posted a selfie.
She is such a gorgeous girl (inside and out)!

I still didn't eat very well today - had chocolates again and then just a couple slices of toast with butter for supper.

Tomorrow the girls are taking me out for lunch for my birthday and I already know that I want to have some french fries.

I'm going to do that and then it's back to tracking for me.

It's almost the end of April and I've not made any headway at all in reaching my weight loss goals.
I'm not giving up though.

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

I'm going to keep trying no matter how many tries it takes - I will not give up on myself this time!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment