Sunday 24 April 2022

Birthday Lunch and I Don't Know How To Add (April 22, 2018)

I tried out my new hair curling contraption last night.

It wasn't that bad to sleep in actually.

It stayed in pretty good too.

The reveal!
I don't hate it!

In fact, I kind of like it.
I think I'll use it again but I'll be more careful about how I put it in.

The sun was out so I made sure I got out for a walk to the road and back so I could enjoy it a bit.

Then the girls took me for lunch for my birthday.
Bonnie and Sharon.

Shennelle and I.

Took a second one just because the first one looked so dark.

I ordered a shrimp salad because I wanted to have something partially healthy at least.

I really wanted a few fries too though so I also got a side of them and that's all I ended up eating.
I didn't even tough the salad, just took it home and Jason ended up having it for supper.

It looked like there was some bad weather headed our way so ss soon as I got home from work, I headed out for my run.
I had to do 8 k today.

When I got 5.5k in, I suddenly had to go to the washroom very badly.
I had to stop and walk at that point - there was no way I could have kept running.
I was quite far from home too so I had to walk about 20 minutes to get there to use the washroom.

My exercise details and stats.

My average pace and splits.

I got home, used the washroom then headed back out to get the rest of my 8k done.
For some reason, I thought I needed to do 3.5k more and only realized just as I was finishing up that I really only had to do 2.5k more.
My math skills were lacking today.
So all in all I got 9k done but better to have done more than not enough.

The exercise details from the second portion of the run.

And the average pace and splits.
I had thought that we had some bad weather headed our way but it was actually nicer when I finished up then it had been when I started.

Video check in.
9k run in the books for today.

Kody and Freya stopped over for a quick visit tonight.

She was being her usual silly self.

She's just so busy lately - getting into everything!
She just loves pouring water and salt and anything else she can get her hands onto in a bowl and stirring it up.
She's all about that.

She wanted me to film her doing a little dance so I could send it to Papa.
They were still at our place when Jason got home so he got to visit with her a little bit.

I probably would have had her stay over but I have to take Mom to an appointment early in the morning and I didn't want to make Freya get up early so maybe tomorrow night instead.

My body was feeling really achey and tired tonight.
Not sure if it is from the running or if I'm getting sick.
Haylee, Freya and Jason are all just getting over a cold and I thought I'd gotten through without picking it up myself but I'm not so sure now.
I'm starting to feel a little something something.

So I had an early night - Hopefully getting plenty of rest will help my body fend off sickness!


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment