Tuesday 26 April 2022

Scary Weigh In (April 25, 2022)

Today was weigh in day and it went just about how I expected it would.

I weighed in at 198 lbs.
That is way closer to 200 than I ever wanted to get again.

That's up 2.6 since last weigh in.

I'm going the wrong way.

This just goes to show how important the 'eating' part of weight loss is.

I run everyday and I'm still gaining - obviously I am eating way too much.

I am even starting to feel it in my clothes and just in my body.

I've been using the excuse that I'm running more so I'm hungrier but I could be making better food choices.

I keep saying I'm going to get back to tracking - today is the day!

It was nice out today so I got out for a walk to the end of the road and back.
Blair says it's the time of year when the bears are waking up so I should take an air horn with me when I walk.
Will have to remember to do that - I do NOT want to startle a sleepy, groggy bear.

I have definitely caught a bug of some sort and I was starting to feel more and more unwell as the day wore on.
I figured I shouldn't be at the office around other folks so I headed home a bit early.

I stopped and picked up some medicine for myself and I saw the bags of Peanuts Galore (which is my kryptonite) and I talked myself right into buying a bag.

I told myself it was a really good deal - I could just hide it away for a snack sometime in the future.
Full disclosure - that did not happen.

I opened them when I got home just so I could have a few and proceeded to eat the entire bag.
Probably about 80 points worth of snacks.

So needless to say, I went over my daily points but I didn't eat anything else for the end of the day and I know now that I just can't trust myself around that stuff.

It cannot come into my house again.

I'm just going to move on from it though - it happened, I didn't eat anything else for the rest of the evening and tomorrow will be a whole new slate.

It was quite sunny and nice out so after my medicine kicked in a bit, I decided to head out for a walk hoping it might make me feel better.
I still needed to get about 7000 steps by that point and I also needed to run my 1 mile.
I ended up walking for a bit then running 2 k and walking some more after.

My exercise details and average heart rate.

My average pace and splits.

I was happy to have it done but to be perfectly honest - I didn't feel any better afterwards.
I hate being sick.
It's not the knocked out, dragged down kind of sick but it's enough to make me not want to do much.

Video check in for today.

After my walk and run, I spent the rest of the evening just chilling on the couch watching Call the Midwife.
I had an early night.
If I still have symptoms in the morning, I'll have to work from home.

I'm hoping I get over this quickly.

Kody and Haylee took Freya to WCT yesterday with Crystal and Zepplyn.
They got to enjoy the nice weather and play in the park.

Freya also went to her first movie - Sonic.

I asked Kody if she sat through it all, she didn't.

Ha ha.

Kept wanting to go to the washroom or get snacks and talk to the people ahead of them in the theatre.

It was a kids showing thankfully so lots of other kids all doing the same.

It was good they tried it though - now she knows what it's all about and a different movie next time might keep her attention better.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment