Tuesday 12 April 2022

Freezing Cold, Morgan's Cakes and Hanging with Hunter (Apr.10, 2022)

 It was -5 out there today but it looked sunny and it didn't seem to windy so I figured I'd head outdoors for my run today.

I was so wrong!

The wind would whip up and it was bitterly cold.

It was so strong too, when I had to run against it I felt like I wasn't even moving, I literally had to push my body against the wind.

It wasn't fun but I'm smiling because I got it done and made it home.

I had to to a 7 km run today, I had an idea where the 7 km mark would be and I ended up being at 7.21 when I got there so I just continued on until I got to 7.5.

I'm kind of weird like that.

I adjusted my regular route a little bit to avoid having to run up a long, steep incline in the wind so I did a bit of back tracking.

I'm glad I did because just walking up that hill was a struggle and I was freezing.

If I'd seen someone drive by that I knew at that point I would have flagged them down to give me a ride home I was that cold.

My average heart rate was 161 bpm, not surprising as it was really tough to run today.


My average pace and splits.
Running against the wind was tough and definitely slowed me down.
Good for training though right?

My video check in for today.

It's kind of hard to see but this is the giant crack in my tv that the cat knocked over.
I took that down to the dumpster - looks like we'll need to buy a new one for the basement.

I had a nice hot, long bath after to my run to get myself warmed up and did some social media browsing.

My niece Morgan has been busy making cakes.
She posted a few of her recent creations.

A Chip and Potato themed cake.

My Little Pony Cake.

Under the Sea or Mermaid cake.

Pretty self explanatory.
She is just getting so good at it.
I'm so proud of her.

Freya was at a birthday party today.
Haylee posted this video of her driving around in a little Range Rover so I took a screen shot of it.
Can't believe she let Haylee braid her hair, it looks so cute.

Hunter wanted to come over for a visit, I think he was hoping for Freya to be there because he kept asking for her but she was at a birthday party or else I would have had Kody bring her over.

I took him to the store and let him pick out a few treats.

Then he and I just hung out.

He watched some of the videos I put up of Freya and Jason playing with the laundry basket and he wanted to make his own video so we did that and I posted it on YouTube so he could watch it.

Hunter's laundry surprise.

I was trying to get caught up on blogging so I don't think I was that fun of company.
Hunter asked if he could go to Kody's so I called Kody and he said to bring him on over,.

Freya modeling the new hat she got at the second hand store on Saturday.

It looks too cute on her.

She got a bunch of candy at the birthday party today so Hunter was checking that out.

She made quite the haul.

I left Hunter there and told Adrien and Mel so they could pick him up when they got home and I headed back home myself to continue with blog catch up.
I always get way behind when I go on a vacation.

I did that for the rest of the evening, even after Jason got home.

The we watched the rest of Rachel Maksy's new video before calling it a night.

Weigh in day is tomorrow and I've been making a real, true effort all week to eat according to my WW plan so I'm actually looking forward to seeing how much I'll be down.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment