Thursday 21 April 2022

Still a Winter Wonderland Over Here, At Least The Sun Was Out (April 20, 2022)

Jason was back to work today.

He's not feeling the best but he never complains.

I feel bad for him though - being under the weather, even just slightly, isn't fun.

Haylee posted this cute picture of her and Freya.

The sun was out this afternoon so I made sure to get out for a walk to the road.

My hair was looking a little crazy today.

Just look how much snow we have, it's crazy.

We've always gotten snow here in April, even seen it in May and June.

The difference this year is that it usually melts long before now so we've had a bit of a reprieve before we get the freak snowfalls out of nowhere.

This year, the snow did not all melt, it's been here since October, that's over 6 months of looking at snow and it's getting old.
No wonder winter feels like it's never going away this year.

My training schedule had a rest or crosstrain day for today.

I still want to do my 1 mile per day so I went down and hopped on the treadmill.
I considered going outdoors because it was actually quite nice out but just decided in the end to go down and get it done.

I took it really slow - I was watching a video on The Running Channel about keeping your heart rate down so I tried to do that.

Then after I finished running the mile, I put the speed down to 2.5 and just walked and watched The Running Channel videos until I got to my 13,000 steps.

I was starting to get a bit hot and sweaty near the end there even though I was just walking at a very slow pace.

My video check in for today.

I watched the latest Webster family vlog just before I finished up my walk and she gave her girls personalized sunglasses for Easter and I just thought that was a great idea.

So I looked up an example on Pinterest and found this one, just as a reminder to myself to do this.
Aren't they so cute?

My taxes are actually pretty easy to do but this still made me laugh.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment