Friday 29 April 2022

The Weather is so Depressing (April 27, 2022)

 You'd think I'd be used to this by now and it wouldn't surprise me and yet seeing this much snow at the end of April is always a little jarring.

Disappointing and a bit depressing too.

It wasn't just a skiff either, I mean it snowed last night.

It also continued to do so throughout the day.
I think we had several inches down by the end of the day.
And to think, our lawn was nearly clear of snow just yesterday.

I still had cold symptoms so I worked from home again today.

Kody dropped Freya off at lunch time so she could spend the day with us, well mainly Jason as I was working.

She loves playing in the basement - when I went down to change a load of laundry over, I found them like this on the treadmill - not sure what game she dreamed up for them there?

She was stuffing hand weights up her shirt here, they were her 'babies'

I only had a mile to run today and since it was still snowing outside I opted to just do it on the treadmill.
I figured the danger of slipping on some hidden ice wasn't worth running outside for.

It always feels good to get a work out done no matter how big or small.

My training diary check in.

While I ran on the treadmill, these two kept me company playing another one of Freya's games she came up with.
She has a great imagination.

Just having a snack.
She loves hot spicy cheesies - she can handle way more heat than I can and she's only 3!

It does mean she drinks tons of water but that's a good thing.

No Comment.
My very one sided interview with Freya.

She found my secret chocolate tahini stash.

I think she likes it.

Someone was exhausted and ready for a nap.
Grandma is not a napper but felt like joining her and almost did.
Even though I didn't fall asleep, just sitting quietly, cuddling with her was restful and nice.

She slept for about an hour which we were hoping was not a mistake as it was after supper by this point and she was spending the night with us.

She did get a bit of a second wind before we headed to bed but when bedtime did roll around, it wasn't a struggle at all.

I read her a few books and then we were all ready for lights out!

Totally - this is how I convince myself to at least just get started.

I promise myself that I can just do a short one - I'd say 90% of the time, I end up doing a longer run as it's the getting started that is the hard part sometimes.

For the other 10% of the time though that I end up just doing a short run, at least I got a short run in and that is better than nothing and I feel just as good about those runs as I do my long runs.


That's all for today, until next time, be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment